Buying a new car

R

Richard Drayson

Ron's been quiet on the forum today... must be out polishing something in his driveway I suspect!!!

What did you buy in the end then Ron?

T

Tony Jolley

Hi Ron,
You could do a lot worse than look at the Skoda dealers, the Octavia is a great car (I have one) you get a lot of car for your money with the quality of V,W and Audi as parent group,
Central locking, air conditioning, C,D,electric windows,A,B,S, and loads more.
The Fabia 1.9 TDI might be just the car for you,
Don`t be put off before you look. You WILL be pleased.
check out www.skoda.co.uk

By the way I`m not on commission, Just happy with the car.

R

Ron Clay

I've got nothing agaist Skodas. I've done many miles with my old friend John Weston in one.

Better than a Skoda is in fact a Lada.

If I was living in Africa these days, this is the vehicle I would buy. They even have a special slot where you can put your AK 47.

They don't get pinched either.

T

Tony Jolley

Had a Lada once as well,
back seat was like a sofa!,
It was great for off roading as well. down bumpy farm tracks you never felt a thing,

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Ron,
Have a look at www.trade-sales.co.uk I saved 4K on my Nissan X Trail there. Lots of bargain priced cars mostly imported but with full pan european guarantees and with the same and sometimes higher spec than the UK. So don't believe the salesman who says "they are not the same car sir", they are and they a are a whole lot cheaper. Ripped off by car dealers? never again.

Colin
Only problem is they are situated in Slough, but who cares when you are saving 4K!! Whoopeee!

B

Birds Nest

Just the job when you've got an ak 47...

please buy something the drama is killing me....

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Ron

Go for an Isuzu Trooper Ive got 2 of em His n Hers great wagons seven seats go anywhere over or through anything and can fit a tackle shop in em.......

G

Gerry Castles

I like Skodas too Ron. I particularly like the heated rear screen-keeps your hands warm whilst you're pushing it.

R

Ron Clay

I had a look today at a Peugeot 206. It wasn't a Diesel. I've got the dealert looking for one for me.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Seriously Ron if you want a diesel go for a SEAT they have the most economical engines in the world

R

Ron Clay

Well I've gone and done it.

I nice new fairy good second hand car - A Citroen Saxo 1.5D 5dX - Diesel of course.

Had a test drive and fell in love with it.

Paid ?3800.00 for it, done 43000 miles and for that price I got 3 years full Auto Protect warranty and 3 years RAC membership.

I regard that as a bargain. The car is white with blue upholstery. I love white cars as they stay cool in summer and it is one of the safest colours to have on the road. The dealer told me that they had struggled to sell this one because the women in UK don't like white cars.... can you believe that? Therefore they knocked ?500 off the price when I told them I was paying cash.

I shall be sorry to see Lily go when I pick up the Saxo on Tuesday.

Now what should I call this one. A pint of beer on me at the George on the 15th for the name I like. It has to be a female name.

L

Les Clark

Hi Ron,My starter for one,Daisy?,the name of my granddaughter,but spelled Daisie.

R

Ron Clay

Hey I like that one Rodney.

The White "Rose" of Yorkshire.... :eek:D

R

Ron Clay

I was thinking of calling this car Betty, after my mother, or perhaps Liz, short for Elizabeth of course. Betty is also short for Elizabeth. So is Beth, Lilly - my Grandmother's name or perhaps Liza. Or even perhaps "Lillibet", The Queen's nickname.

No, at the moment: "Rose" it shall be.

On the other hand I must not forget my late wife's name: Margaret. Many of her friends called her Maggie, Marge or Margie.

I called her: "Luvvie"... :eek:)

M

michael brown

"Saffron"
South Africa's Finest Fisherman RON

i'll say the daftest things for a free pint! :)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

how about 'Judy ' as in the scouse expression ---

"Me Judy"