FISHINGmagic At The NEC

A

Andrew Brown

Danny, If the tickets you have won are like mine, they are for any day of the three.

A

Alan Roe

I don't want to worry you but.....Saturday.....I'll say no more..!

D

Dave Johnson

yes, looks like Saturday for me now, forgot it was mothers day and the wifes B/Day on Sunday......

M

Martin Quadling

Eddie,i think i saw you on friday at the stand,i have just seen your photo above apologies for not saying hello to you.

Quaddie

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Hey Quaddie !!! I havent got the beard now !!! was that you talking about traces ??

A

Andrew Brown

Went to the NEC today. Really good showcase, pity I didn't have enough money to spend. I could have bought the lot!!

V

vince battams

rip go fishing at the nec, as far as i concerned another pitiful show, if this is any reflection on our sport then god help us as we haven't a chance of surviving.
gone are those halcyon days when pendigo lake was packed out with companies showing their wares and hordes of visitors, now all we get is a motley crew assembled on the beach.
N o enviroment ageny, No national federation of anglers are these not highly set persons within our sport if they are then we can do without them.
we need people who know our sport,care about our sport and have the clout to shout for our sport the likes of wilson,nudd,hayes,taylor,james and organisations such as the aca.
wher we're shimano,browning,sensas,van den eynde,fox,anglers mail,and other big names associated with our sport,they all used to be there all fighting for attention,you could not walk two feet without without tripping over named anglers those that we're on show and those just visiting,now these named visitors walk unnoticed somewhat.
gone are the days when you could walk no more for being overladen with freebies and cheapies alas no more.
on the plus side john wilson for taking time out yet again for me and the fishingmagic crew, did not get to chat with graham as you we're busy but had a intersting chat with one of your helpers graham,great site but you falling down alittle on venue information,i told this to your boys i am at present working on a guide of fishing in northamptonshire which will hopefully bring me a little bait money,if your interested in talking about this leave word where i can contact you direct away from the threads.

M

Malcolm Bason

Hi Vince - an interesting post. It is the first time I have heard someone speak out though, and say they were not happy with the NEC Go Fishing Exhibition! I am not just talking about the members of this site but other fiorums as well!

It will be interesting to hear others views on this?

Re: QUOTE: "i am at present working on a guide of fishing in northamptonshire"

I wish you every success and I for one (living in Northants) would buy it. However, did you know that a booklet called "FISHING 200" was published last year? It was produced by 'Northants Angler' It covers neighbouring counties too and priced @ ?1.99 - There is a good chance they will produce a 2001 version!

I thought you might be interested to know this?

M

Malcolm Bason

"...booklet called "FISHING 200" was published last year..." should of course read 'FISHING 2000'

P

Paul Williams

Malc,
course he did, you do ya base work when youre gonna write about something.......don't ya?????

M

Martin Quadling

Eddie,yes that was me,now you can see why there is no photo for my posts!.

J

john conway

Hi Vince, sorry to hear that you had such a crap time at the NEC. Maybe you were expecting too much. Because of lambing, our lass has a few pet sheep, I change my day from Friday to Saturday. I had a great time, as usual there was too much choice and not enough time, the talks/lectures were great. Next year I am planning to go down for two days so that I can take in all of the talks and spend more time looking around and talking to everyone. Nice to talk to you Graham, now I can put a body to the head we keep seeing on your emails. Sorry if I missed anyone else and I sure hope most of you had a good day. Didn’t spend too much, picked up a couple of books on Bream fishing and got some worm powder, a bottle of liquid worm and a set of “Korda” leads and accessories. The free reel I got with one years subs for “Improve your coarse fishing” will come in handy for my spare rod I use for depth finding, my old one fell in bits a couple of weeks ago.

N

Neil Wayte

Went ot the Show on saturday(8 hours of driving)and it was Great to see some of the people from the site.Only just saw Graham behind his stand.I must admitt I thought the show was a little light wieght in major companies and if I had been going to see new tackle I would have been disapointed.However I did not go for that reason and went to meet loads of people and this made for a brilliant day out.
Talked untill I was dry throated and then had to collapse in the bar for a rest.
As a social it was a good day out just a shame Birmgham is so far from home,on second thoughts maybe not cos they all talk funny.

M

Malcolm Bason

"on second thoughts maybe not cos they all talk funny." ha ha ha I like it Neil!

Especially those from the black country - but they tend to 'sing'. Brummie Williams is there today, I'll be interested to hear what he says about the exhibition???

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Saw a lot of the old faces there at the show ---- which was good !! But the show itself was pretty poor I thought..
Where were all the major tackle dealers ?? Conspicuous by their absence-I'm afraid-
They like taking your money--but put very little back into the sport

V

vince battams

they like taking your money--but put very little back into the sport,very well put eddie