FISHINGmagic At The NEC

M

Martin Quadling

Good afternoon Neil,half expected you to be promoting your book on the R.M.C. stand,but they told me you were just visiting on the sat instead.

P

Paul Scattergood

Enjoyed the show but must agree with previous posts that a lot of major companies such as Shimano, Drennan etc should be there. Nice to meet Graham in the flesh though a little shocked to hear how much such a small stand cost at the show. Maybe the companies mentioned above thought the show space just too expensive to rent. The NEC must make a tidy profit on ?8.50 a head + ?5.00 parking. Must mention 'Have a go' on Pendigo Lake, I witnessed several young children and ladies battling with hard fighting trout obviously never having fished before. Must be good for the future of a sport sadly lacking in enough young blood coming in. Maybe the NFA aren't all bad!!!

N

Neil Wayte

Thats right Martin caught a cold at Carp winter conference try to sell book.Can't see why Maylin should sell it from the JRC stand.
See you in the summer on the green.

V

vince battams

paul,maybe the NFA aren't all that bad was your comment,i don't remember seeing them at the nec,they were not nfa coaches on pendigo lake

M

MALC DOYLE

what a waste of money the NEC was i've been going since it started but i wont be going any more. the last few years its got worse to the point that i can see and try just as much in any tackle shop,and normally pay the same or less than at the retail village.all the tackle that did interest me was stuck behind glass or not for sale at the show
or in the case of sensas not even at the show.even my 12 year old daughter said it was rubbish and she normally enjoys the show. glad i only travelled from rugby and not any further to waste a sunday

R

Ron Clay

Having toured most of the stands and retail village, I still couldn't find a decent landing net!!!

C

Carp Angler

From a point of view of meeting a lot of friends, the show was great.
From the tackle viewpoint, it was average to poor.
The Korda blokes unable to grasp the concept that their safe leadcore rig was very unsafe, as demonstrated by Brummie Paul would have been amusing if it wasn't so serious.
A good chat with some good people, and the look of sheer terror on the face of Steve Pope when he spied myself and Paul.....priceless.

Sorry I missed you Neil, but I had a good chat with Ian.

M

Malcolm Bason

".....and the look of sheer terror on the face of Steve Pope when he spied myself and Paul.....priceless."

I wish I could have been there Carp! But too many reasons to to be in the end!

Did you catch after?

P

Paul Williams

The only look of shear terror i saw was when Graham accidently pulled out his wallet!!!!!!!!!!!!!(oops banned!!)
I enjoyed it for the day, but i spent more time talking and trying to scrounge sausauges!!!! Well Tiny Rik and miniscule Mike Fidler beat me to all the pies!!
Talking of Mike....I am under sentece of broken legs if i tell you all he had us all searching for his car on Carpark B for ages.....then he realised he hadn't left it there after all but on another one .....miles away!!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

So most of you agree ---More or less a waste of time ---apart from the social side of it !!

P

Paul Scattergood

Vince, I beg to differ because both PAA & NFA coaches were in attendance Sat when i was at Lakeside. Hope you can see your float better than the back of the aforementioned coaches jackets!

B

Buzz Kerby

Im sorry to sound like an old biddy but i have to agree with vince,its all very well the tackle trade squaking that they are having a bad time of it and the large angling bodies saying that we the angling public dont want to get involved in saving our sport from the green meanies but it would seem that the show was not as well attended as it could have been , its quite a trip from soggy hampshire and although the other visitors local or not were very friendly im not sure if Ill be there next year ,sorry!

M

Mike Fidler

Williams, your for it!!

Sadly I have to agree with a lot of the postings concerning Shimano, Fox etc.

The problem is that the nec has always been to expensive, carparking, entrance fee and the price to actually have a stand!

You can understand why shows like Thorpe park do so well, plenty to do after you have looked at all the fishing stuff.

M

Martin Quadling

Carp angler,just curious as to how the set-up is not safe?.

M

Martin Quadling

Ah,found it i can see what you mean it could be difficult to eject.

C

Carp Angler

The theory is sound, it's just in practice it doesn't quite work how I feel it should.