Club Pond

F

Fred Bonney

Our pub club have the possibility of aquiring on lease a 'village' pond of about 1/2 acre
Mainly silver fish, with carp to 10lb tench and bream and perch.
Very weed bound at present so needs work.
Any ideas out there of rental levels??

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Fred

Rent prices can vary hugely, we looked at securing rights on the Forth & Clyde canal and it was only ?100 / mile!!!!!

But then again I also looked at securing the rights on a feeder river to Loch Lomond and the farmer wanted ?10,000 per year for around 2.5 miles so I guess you just have to get the figure and work out if it is reallistic or within reach of your club. But remember if the pond is not rented at the moment then the "owners" will probably be more likely to negotiate.

If it is council owned I would use the fact that you will be improving the water for all and bank side maintenance aa a leverage for reducing the rental!

The Scottish carp group got a small lake on the grounds of a hotel which contained wildies, for free all they had to do was make the pond look nice and keep it to that standard........

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks,Kiwi.
Didn't expect much of a response,my guess is, many of us anglers don't get involved in the nitty gritty of running a club!!