Things to make you go grrrrrrr!

J

jon cotton

Now i'm usually a fairly placid soul,especially when fishing,but i had (i think) great justification to lose my rag the other day whilst tench fishing at a local reservoir. I had been at the water from first light and landed a couple of nice tench to just over 6lb,both of which I had clearly seen take my hookbait in 4 feet of crystal clear water - great stuff. So after a while i spotted 3 very large tench appear in the swim and start to feed,gradually gaining confidence. In goes the hookbait all stealthy like,tench still feeding then..... gone in a flash!! "Orlroight mite,doin' any good loike?" blurted Mr brummie in an electric blue shirt and flip flops stood bolt upright next to me,having sneaked up on me unnoticed,such was my concentration. Now this individual had just scared the pants off me and the biggest tench i've seen in ages and he was amazed that i was rather abrupt with him. He didn't realise how lucky he was to still be dry.And breathing.And still standing. Worst bit is he asked my advice on how to catch tench from the Res as he'd been struggling. I told him to buy a quieter shirt and fish as far away from me as possible! Haven't seen the tench since. Or him!!!Thank christ.What makes your blood boil?

P

Phil Hackett

Carp angler when I’m breaming using remote controlled boat taking their baits 200+ yards out and parallel to the near bank at less than 30 yards from it and covering 4-5 swims in the process. Totally inconsiderate of the brain dead, larger swilling morons. And then the wonder why they miss runs???? Deeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! P****d Again!!!!!!

J

jon cotton

Cows don't bother me that much,but bulls do,especially when they're in the field I want to be in and,even worse,when you don't notice them until you're half way across said field!!!

J

Jim Hinchley

Sorry to say but its scousers who come up behind you on the river and come out with things similar to the brummie john describes " iz der any loomps in der like maite " or the alternative " de doo doh dont deh do , dont cheat on de meat like ".

Particularly on the Ribble they turn up with stripey deck chairs , lager and pies in cool bags and carrying either 3lb carp rods or a large shovel.!!!
And yes i know its a sweeping generalisation but anyone who fishes the Ribble in particular knows the exact type of angler im describing.

J

John McLaren

Jim, if I'd realised that was you I'd have offered you arf me pie and a bottle of lager :0)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I hate people who generalise.......

I'm a scouser and I fish the Ribble and I dont like lager I dont like pies,havent got a stripey deckchairor cool bag dont carry a shovel -I use rods suited to the type of fishing I'm doing

I also hate swans .......unless they are cooked

D

Dave Rothery

cows dont bother me, but i've bothered a few....

people that are intolerant of other people......and the dutch.

Pike angler when I?m carping using remote controlled boat taking their baits 200+ yards out and parallel to the near bank at less than 30 yards from it and covering 4-5 swims in the process. Totally inconsiderate of the brain dead, larger swilling morons. And then the wonder why they miss runs???? Deeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! P****d Again!!!!!!

Catfish angler when I?m carping using remote controlled boat taking their baits 200+ yards out and parallel to the near bank at less than 30 yards from it and covering 4-5 swims in the process. Totally inconsiderate of the brain dead, larger swilling morons. And then the wonder why they miss runs???? Deeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! P****d Again!!!!!!

K

Karl Miles

I've not tried swan... I like duck myself, though not when they're stealing the bait I've just put in, or when they take my float and swim it out a few yards!

The last time I was *really* pi55ed off, it was by this kid who kept playing with his bite alarm (whilst turned right up) and casting a lead around into everybody else's swim bar his own, screaming he was in when there was nothing there, and then capping it off by explaining, to his mate across the lake, in detail how he'd caught this cod which had taken a pike he'd just got on a roach!

I go fishing to chill out, and that to me, means being on my own and not having to be pestered by people who go from peg to peg asking "caught owt?", "'ad owt?", "y'on t'maggot?".

Sorry, I've not been fishing for a couple of weeks so the stress has built up!

L

Laurie Harper

The best way to deal with people who ask irritating questions is to fix them with a manic smile and tell them you've only just got out of hospital. Then laugh uncontrollably. They'll soon leave you in peace.

A

Andy Nellist

Markers left after the anglers have gone

Anglers that cover ridiculous amounts of water when there are other anglers on the water

The Cob Swan on Startops who is even thicker than your average thicker than thick swan

Dog's p*****g on my bivvy

Female mosquito's

Anglers with Air Pistols

Anglers who don't umnderstand what quiet is particularly at night when I'm Breaming

Anglers who start off "Na You don't wanna be doing that..." and then spend two hours telling how they would do it. strangely they nerver seem to have the time to put these fail proof theories to the test.

Rats that decide to come inside my bivvy. Anyone that enters my home and steals my food deserves a slap.

Rain when the rivers are already high

Badgers and Foxes playing chicken whilst i'm driving home in the early hours

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I told you not to pi55 in your bivvy many times, still doing it then!

W

Clicky tossers that think they know it all, loads of them around.

Thank god for the small syndicate i'm on at the moment, hassle free, peace n quite, luv it.

W

The Dog (andy) calling me at midnight to say he's getting liners, then ringing back 15 mins later to say he's had one, while i'm blanking 20 miles down the road.

:eek:)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

On one of the meres I used to fish there were 2 swans --(we called them George and Mildred) --who used to come in the bivvie at night time and sleep there till morning and then wait for the scraps from the breakfast fry up .........
They were quite nice really ..........