Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    jon cotton Guest

Now i'm usually a fairly placid soul,especially when fishing,but i had (i think) great justification to lose my rag the other day whilst tench fishing at a local reservoir. I had been at the water from first light and landed a couple of nice tench to just over 6lb,both of which I had clearly seen take my hookbait in 4 feet of crystal clear water - great stuff. So after a while i spotted 3 very large tench appear in the swim and start to feed,gradually gaining confidence. In goes the hookbait all stealthy like,tench still feeding then..... gone in a flash!! "Orlroight mite,doin' any good loike?" blurted Mr brummie in an electric blue shirt and flip flops stood bolt upright next to me,having sneaked up on me unnoticed,such was my concentration. Now this individual had just scared the pants off me and the biggest tench i've seen in ages and he was amazed that i was rather abrupt with him. He didn't realise how lucky he was to still be dry.And breathing.And still standing. Worst bit is he asked my advice on how to catch tench from the Res as he'd been struggling. I told him to buy a quieter shirt and fish as far away from me as possible! Haven't seen the tench since. Or him!!!Thank christ.What makes your blood boil?

Phil Hackett Guest

Carp angler when I’m breaming using remote controlled boat taking their baits 200+ yards out and parallel to the near bank at less than 30 yards from it and covering 4-5 swims in the process. Totally inconsiderate of the brain dead, larger swilling morons. And then the wonder why they miss runs???? Deeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! P****d Again!!!!!!

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay Guest

Cows.

Gary Knowles Guest

Swans...

people that dont like cows lol

jon cotton Guest

Cows don't bother me that much,but bulls do,especially when they're in the field I want to be in and,even worse,when you don't notice them until you're half way across said field!!!

Jim Hinchley Guest

Sorry to say but its scousers who come up behind you on the river and come out with things similar to the brummie john describes " iz der any loomps in der like maite " or the alternative " de doo doh dont deh do , dont cheat on de meat like ".

Particularly on the Ribble they turn up with stripey deck chairs , lager and pies in cool bags and carrying either 3lb carp rods or a large shovel.!!!
    And yes i know its a sweeping generalisation but anyone who fishes the Ribble in particular knows the exact type of angler im describing.

John McLaren Guest

Jim, if I'd realised that was you I'd have offered you arf me pie and a bottle of lager :0)

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

I hate people who generalise.......

I'm a scouser and I fish the Ribble and I dont like lager I dont like pies,havent got a stripey deckchairor cool bag dont carry a shovel -I use rods suited to the type of fishing I'm doing

I also hate swans .......unless they are cooked

Dave Rothery Guest

cows dont bother me, but i've bothered a few....

people that are intolerant of other people......and the dutch.

Pike angler when Iím carping using remote controlled boat taking their baits 200+ yards out and parallel to the near bank at less than 30 yards from it and covering 4-5 swims in the process. Totally inconsiderate of the brain dead, larger swilling morons. And then the wonder why they miss runs???? Deeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! P****d Again!!!!!!

Catfish angler when Iím carping using remote controlled boat taking their baits 200+ yards out and parallel to the near bank at less than 30 yards from it and covering 4-5 swims in the process. Totally inconsiderate of the brain dead, larger swilling morons. And then the wonder why they miss runs???? Deeeeeeeeeer!!!!!! P****d Again!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast