Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In connection with my bream campaign I'm seriously considering purchasing the above rod. Do any of you have one of these rods and if so what are your opinions. I have the original J Wilson avon twin tip (built in quiver on one top section) and have nothing but praise for this rod. Also with a bit of shopping around I can pick up for 65. All serious replies gratefully received. I hope I'm not going over old ground as this topic rings a bell but I couldn't find anything searching back.

Phil Hackett Guest

The JW rod is excellent for rivers and river work. For Breaming I think it’s a bit to light in the TC at 1.4lb, particularly if you’re throwing 3 oz full feeders 70+ yards.
    Much prefer something of 1.10, 1.12 TC and/or 2lb for this work.

Phil for what I have in mind at the moment it needs to throw a 3/4 -1oz bomb 20-30 yds max. 5-6lb mainline and 4lb hooklength.
    However thanks for your reply.

Phil for what I have in mind at the moment it needs to throw a 3/4 -1oz bomb 20-30 yds max. 5-6lb mainline and 4lb hooklength.
    However thanks for your reply.

oops sorry.

Phil Hackett Guest

Richard
    If that's the sort of distance you're going to use them at, buy them! As they will do the job very well at that range and you'll feel the joy of playing the fish as well. Second thoughts Bream playing fish Nar!

Chris Bishop Guest

Got me dad one for his birthday and he loves it - tried it for chubbing, tench on the float etc.

Looked a bit fiddly to me with the dolly butt and all the bits and pieces but he swears bu it.

Cheers boys any else got this rod.

Bought one myself earlier this year and used it in Ireland for the Bream and Hybrids and also used it on my local river for Barbel. It is an excellent rod and has only let me down once on a very large Barbel.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this rod to anyone as it is a cracking alround rod with a number of uses.

goff dyer Guest

Ive had mine for over a year now, used it on the wye and the taff for barbel and chub (low water, i think not strong enough for flood conditions) and on a deep dock for bream, for the price a cracking rod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast