Taking Grandsons Fishing

B

Budgie Burgess

Possibly one of the greatest angling experiences there is Graham.Funny how even a couple of hours demands the picnic aint it!First time I took my grandson,Charlie George,he didnt want to go home!his mum had to come and persuade him! He is 5 and away in Spain at the moment (Hmm I wonder where he gets that from!)cant wait till he gets back so we can fit in a couple of more trips before he is back to school.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Nothing like it. You see the absolute joy on their faces when they catch a tiddler and it brings you face to face with what really matters in this life.

A

alan outen

watching a three year olds face when youi catch a fish and the question can i stroke it? brilliant
i regulry take my three boys fishing.
but the problem i have is that the eldest suffers from adhd and getts bored very easily, does anyone else have the same problem and is there a way around it.
at the moment i only go sea fishing.

R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

I hope that one day my kid will produce a boy.

I would love to take him fishing just as I did Sean.

When Sean was very young, I was very much into fly fishing and did little else. He used to follow me carrying my bag and landing net. I let him net quite a few trout. He also liked to clean them.

Later I would hokk the trout and let him play them. Then when I thought he was big enough, I let him have a bash with my rod.

I was surprised, by the time he was 12 he could throw a line 25 yards and never looked back.

I would love to have another fishing session with him, the trouble is he works 8 days a week, 15 hours a day in London. All he sees is ?sss.

S

Stu Black

My Grandad took me fishing practically as soon as i could walk. He made me a 3' rod cut down from one of his, with line tied direct to the top ring. He's still got it now, over 20 years later, and I intend to give it to my first born and so on.

G

Geoff Cowen

Envious - I wish my grandson would come fishing. He's mad about football and cannot tempt him to even try fishing. I hope I don't have to wait for great grand children.