Rod building supplies

S

Steve Muir

Can any of you guys out there help me locate a supplier of rod blanks,
cork rings etc.
I have spoken to Harrisons and they only supply there own dealers.

Regards Steve

R

Rob Brownfield

Steve, what is it that u are after. Carp rods?...Match Blanks etc? I have a few suggestions depending on your answer. U can buy Harrison blanks from there retail outlets such as The Tackle Box in kent. These guys also to corks, duplon, rings etc.
I used to build rids commercially, so i have a few contacts that i can put u in touch with. E mail me if u wish.

S

Steve Muir

That was quick.

Thanks Rob.
I plan to build a couple of rods for barbel fishing.
I fancy the harrison blanks although i will consider others.
Eleven and a half foot ---- one and a half TC.

I will Mail you later tonight as i am at work at the moment.

Regards Steve

R

Rob Brownfield

ok steve. I have a 12 foot Barbel rod built on a 1 and a half test curve Harrison blank. Lovely rod. I use it for worming for Salmon/Sea trout and carp stalking. One rod I would reccomend, and I am not sure if the blank is available but I will have a hunt, is the Daiwa Amorphous 11 foot 6 stalker rod. Its a real beauty. Its 1 and a half pound test curve, but U can lock it up to bully powerful fish away from snags. I know guys who used it for Pike on the broads. But, it is forgiving enough to trot a loafer float etc with 4 pound line for chub. Wonderful rod

S

Steve Muir

Rob
Thanks again for your timeand the realy helpfull info on E mail.
Appreciated.

Regards Steve

R

Rob Brownfield

No probs mate...anytime!
Shout if u need anything!
Rob

C

colin Leatherbarrow

As a pro rod builder who gets blanks from Harrisons, I can supply not only 'standard' blanks but also 'specials' in several different finishes and colours. Also cork handles, rings, reel-seats, twin-pack varnish, whipping threads, rod bags etc. Look @ my website:
www.customflyrods.demon.co.uk

C

Carp Angler

The 12', pound and half Harrison Interceptor was designed by some bloke named Marsden I believe.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You're right, the TC was rated at a generous 1lb 12oz. A slightly lighter model was rated at 1lb 10oz.

R

Rob Brownfield

There u go Steve, sounds like my Leatherbarrow is the answer. Maybe you will get a fishingmajic discount...hehe

I must admit, I am impressed with Harrisons blanks, except I felt the Ballistas where way too soft..but that is another thread.

D

Darren Wilson

You could always try to contact Bruce & Walker direct. I know they used to supply direct, but I don't know what range of blanks they do now.

R

Rob Brownfield

B and W were still supplying blanks to a local game fishing shop at the end of last year. I am not too sure of the quality of these rods, having had a few mishaps. B and W seem to lack direction an build rods for the sake of it, then, heavily discount them a few months after releasing them. Its sickning paying ?400 for a rod to have it offered at ?190 pounds 6 months later.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

I am some what suprised to read what you say about Bruce&Walker Rob.In all the years that I have been fishing I have never heard any one fault them before!Admitedly they have always carried a high price ticket but the quality of both build and design have always been high too.Which of their rods/blanks have you used? The fact that they supply my Cat rods does not influence my opinion in fact it is because of there high standards that I use them!