Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Steve Muir Guest

Can any of you guys out there help me locate a supplier of rod blanks,
    cork rings etc.
    I have spoken to Harrisons and they only supply there own dealers.

Regards Steve

Rob Brownfield Guest

Steve, what is it that u are after. Carp rods?...Match Blanks etc? I have a few suggestions depending on your answer. U can buy Harrison blanks from there retail outlets such as The Tackle Box in kent. These guys also to corks, duplon, rings etc.
    I used to build rids commercially, so i have a few contacts that i can put u in touch with. E mail me if u wish.

Steve Muir Guest

That was quick.

Thanks Rob.
    I plan to build a couple of rods for barbel fishing.
    I fancy the harrison blanks although i will consider others.
    Eleven and a half foot ---- one and a half TC.

I will Mail you later tonight as i am at work at the moment.

Regards Steve

Rob Brownfield Guest

ok steve. I have a 12 foot Barbel rod built on a 1 and a half test curve Harrison blank. Lovely rod. I use it for worming for Salmon/Sea trout and carp stalking. One rod I would reccomend, and I am not sure if the blank is available but I will have a hunt, is the Daiwa Amorphous 11 foot 6 stalker rod. Its a real beauty. Its 1 and a half pound test curve, but U can lock it up to bully powerful fish away from snags. I know guys who used it for Pike on the broads. But, it is forgiving enough to trot a loafer float etc with 4 pound line for chub. Wonderful rod

Steve Muir Guest

Rob
    Thanks again for your timeand the realy helpfull info on E mail.
    Appreciated.

Regards Steve

Rob Brownfield Guest

No probs mate...anytime!
    Shout if u need anything!
    Rob

colin Leatherbarrow Guest

As a pro rod builder who gets blanks from Harrisons, I can supply not only 'standard' blanks but also 'specials' in several different finishes and colours. Also cork handles, rings, reel-seats, twin-pack varnish, whipping threads, rod bags etc. Look @ my website:
    www.customflyrods.demon.co.uk

Carp Angler Guest

The 12', pound and half Harrison Interceptor was designed by some bloke named Marsden I believe.

You're right, the TC was rated at a generous 1lb 12oz. A slightly lighter model was rated at 1lb 10oz.

Rob Brownfield Guest

There u go Steve, sounds like my Leatherbarrow is the answer. Maybe you will get a fishingmajic discount...hehe

I must admit, I am impressed with Harrisons blanks, except I felt the Ballistas where way too soft..but that is another thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast