Hackers!

A

Andrew Miller

Anyone seen the fishing warehouse forum in which it been wiped out by hackers. Is FM safe from this??
Windy

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Windy, yes, we found out this morning. They've done the Carper's Lodge site as well. They use different technology for their forums than we do. Ours is safer and we're keeping a careful watch. But nothing is 100% safe from some of these idiots.

Whether they're just idiots or anti-angling idiots I don't know, but it makes Martin James' article <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=r&UAN=999>'We Must Go On The Offensive'</A> and Sedge's <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=r&UAN=998>Pilgrim's Progress'</A> all the more pertinent.

S

Stewart Bloor

And I think they must have employed a Witchdoctor to put a curse on me to keep blanking as well....

D

Darren Wilson

Graham

Which software or script do you use for this Forum?

I have been happy with UBB until now but with recent events I fancy a change.

G

Goose Ganderton

MMmmm sounds like hacker social enginnering to me.

Answer at your peril Graham.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Darren, I'll send you a reply off-line.

D

Darren Wilson

Thanks for the reply Graham

Goose, FYI I am one of the Partners in The Carpers Lodge (which was one of the affected sites) so I don't think it is 'Hacker Social Engineering' as you put it :eek:)

G

Goose Ganderton

Please accept my apologies Darren. I personally did not know you and on checking you profile there was no information.
During a weird period of my life I was heavily involved with a number of hacking groups and social engineering is one of the most commonly used forms of gaining information on a target.

With the events of the past couple of days, I was simply urging Graham to be careful.

D

Darren Wilson

No need to apologise Goose, you weren't to know. It's good to see someone on the ball.