The pole and the Carp angler

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ooooooo----touchy aren't we ....

I dont think Budgie didn't want people to question what he meant ---I think he was pointing out to Jason what he did mean and was finding it hard getting his point across

N

Nick Austin

Eddie,
In the article the angler suggest the use of a pole to suspend the baited hook lenght above the water, which, when taken, pulls off the pole and allows the fish to be played on a conventional set up.

Budgie suggested a pole could become part of a specimen anglers armory...

I asked him how he felt that would be, wether just as a means of baiting up, or something more.

he made a statement, several of us asked him about it....i think thats called chatting, or conversation..to then sure round and state that your sorry you said anything is a bit lame if u ask me?...

E

and Budgie wrote:
Budgie Burgess E-mail member
Posted: 31/10/03 01:19:00 AM
The article I was refering to was about using a pole to suspend a floater rig attached to a carp outfit.Carp anglers for a fair few years now have been using poles to "cup" out both free baits and baited rigs (once again attached to a carp out fit) into otherwise inacsessable places.That is what I meant.

J

jason fisher

this is all my fault i got the point of what budgie was saying right at the start but went off topic and decided to have a moan about people using the pole to land carp.
After further thought on the subject i don't think it's using the pole to land the carp that troubles me but the places it is usually done.
and i will comment no more on this subject.
sorry if i wound anyone up.

B

Budgie Burgess

I apear to inadvertantly caused offence to people seeral times in ths thread and whenever I have tried to make light of it and explain what I meant only dug a deeper hole! I have looked back over this thread a couple of times and can see how some of my comments could have been taken as sarcasm or at the leat a bit condescending when they were genuinely meant with humour.I have done this before and I must apologies.In a lot of cases in my keeness to reply (and hopefully help or learn}I forget that discussion through this medium can be easily misundestood.

J

jason fisher

right then now we've got through the flood of apologies for offending people that i'm not totally sure were offended but we got the impression that we had offended people.
what were we talking about

E

subject closed then and all friends again ???

J

jason fisher

yep i appologise to anyone who i didn't offend i'll try harder not to leave you feeling left out next time

N

Nick Austin

sorry budgie!,......correct that these threads can be mis-understood, and as i said earlier, your comments are more often than not appreciated!

L

Les Clark

This is one of the downside`s of putting up posting`s,in print it may look like your haveing a go at someone,if you were face to face it may not come across as that,maybe we should bear that in mind a bit more often.
the second point is spelling,I have a job with my spelling so a lot of the time I have to change the word I want to use,but can`t spell for a word that I can spell but may change the posting slightly,if you see what I mean.
The 3rd point is the foster`s,that can completly bugger up my posting`s.

N

Nick Austin

les!......i wouldn't worry about the spelling....after all, when WEVE had a fosters it all makes sense!....now! wheres the keyboard?....