Paul McCartney anti-fishing pro-PetA poster

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
"I realised I was killing it" WTF! Mr Macartney. Lets not forget WHY we have mink killing fish, waterfowl, watervoles etc. all over the place. They certainly weren't released by anglers, the only thing we release are fish .

A

almosthuman

Wonder which elderly drug addled ex-hippy that PETA will dig up next , more own goals like this plox , still he once entertained millions in his day ( now thats what I call a celebrity divorce ) ......

A

alan whittington

Well Almosthuman i dont recall Paul Macartney being PETA related until he got tied up with Linda,he is entitled to his opinion,just a shame he didnt get it himself rather than poor Linda's apron strings.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I doubt that neither he nor any of the other celebs (or anyone else) who support Peta ever get much past their name. They see the word 'ethical' and believe it without researching the organisation behind the name. They would probably withdraw their support pretty pronto if they know that the animals left to them by little old ladies were put down straight away. (Peta call it 'euthanised'). Unfortunately the little old ladies also leave them all their money.

Anyone read the Lee Childs books featuring the hero 'Reacher'? In one of his more recent works the highly ethical Reacher leaves a friends dog with Peta to look after. Ho ho! Obviously not very well researched! I wrote to LC about it but got no response.

Maybe anglers should fight back by calling ourselves the People for the Ethical Treatment of Fish. That'll confuse 'em! It would be interesting if our ethics and Petas were contrasted and compared.

robhale

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the UK version of Peta seems to have removed all mention of fishing from their site...

Here's a lovely little quote from their website...

"Are parents who feed their children meat committing child abuse? PETA thinks so,"

And people actually support these morons? Most of the supporters are supporting the fight against the fur trade, they're not clued up enough to look at what other c*** they're peddling out in their name.

klik2change

Reaction score
"Maybe anglers should fight back by calling ourselves the People for the Ethical Treatment of Fish. That'll confuse 'em! It would be interesting if our ethics and Petas were contrasted and compared."

How about Peoplefor the EthicalTreatment of Angling? PETA?

A

alan whittington

Its a pity PETA dont fight to save our rivers from whatever the hells destoying them,instead of just being morons.