Fishing The Method

A

Alan Degville

Iuse 2 dam titanium allrounder`s they come with 2 top joint`s one ideal for the method one for the lead or small feeder,you might pick one up cheap now Dam has gone bust.

David Preston

Reaction score
In reply to Birds Nest about rods - anything from a medium/heavy feeder rod upwards. I use a 1.25 lb John Wilson Avon, which is great with the quiver top or a Browning Aggressor 12' m/h feeder when using one rod, match style, or two 1.75 lb 11' Daiwa carp rods for smallish carp, tench and good bream, or 2 x 2.75 lb Daiwas if I'm after big stuff.

You might need to use a slightly smaller feeder with a slightly smaller ball of feed with lighter rods, but they are more fun and just as effective.

P

peter webber

On some of the waters I fish where the carp ave about 4lb's I use my old Mitchell domminatar rod.
This rod has served me well and has also landed carp up to 8lbs using the Method.
For bigger fish or with a heavy feeder I use a purpuse built Method rod.

D

David Will

Have a look at the dedicated Heavy Feeder rods on the market.They are designed for the purpose and make accuracy easier.I use Daiwa Heavy River Feeder rods.I used to use 1.25 'Avons' but would not go back to them for heavy feeder fishing on stillwaters.This rod comes with two tips , use the heavier one.It has a bit of red near the rod tip but if this worries you you can always colour it black.I dare say the Daiwa ones (?125) are no better than other makes.They are a joy to play fish on and Tench to nearly 10lb and some nuisance Carp succumbed with no problems.

mick kirkland

Reaction score
can anyone give any tips and mixs' for the bagging waggler? I have tried this method a few times and to be honest i was rubbish at it.

G

Gary Knowles

Mick - suggest you start a new thread mate. Much more chance of a good response...

S

Stuart Bullard

......blimey, I thought that was a blast from the past!

W

Wendy Perry

Oh my God yes it's a blast from the past hello you strangers it's good to see ya all in one forum !!!!!!

W

Wendy Perry

Whoopsssssss i just re-read all of this then noticed the dates lmao god am havin a blonde day today ignore me !!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

No its an old thread ...............