Cheeky F***ker

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Not quite the same Mark?

A pic saying guess the weight? Or a web site stealing Frothey's articles, changing the pics and misleading the members into believing they are originals to the site?

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
This is not at all unusual in my experience. I had an email from New Zealand with a question about one of my business articles. A bit of searching turned it up on an accountancy website over there. At least they had the grace to use my name at the bottom of it.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Its not only the written words others use; the new owner of an estate which borders my clubs fishing on the river Wear actually used a page on my clubs web site to advertise fishing holidays and his (very expensive) holiday lets,
I changed to content of the page he linked his web site to to a page threatening legal action under the theft act.
THIS is what his web site visitors are directed to from the fishing section of his web site. Ba$$tard!​

Last edited:

Frothey

Reaction score
there's something i do in my spare time where pictures of cars get nicked. when we find the ones that are, we usually re-point the url to pics of men grappling with each other......

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I have a pretty good idea of the true back story as to how Frothey's articles ended up in the anonymous state they did. The guy posting them on his site which looks like it's had more visitors today than in the last 6 months (1 a day?) probably has little idea of the original source of the articles.

Graham M. and myself knew about what was happening both with these articles and some others about two years ago, and Graham took action. I guess this guy has one of the copies that were bandied around at that time and has no idea of the author.

My articles have been around the world, turning up in all sorts of unlikely places, and the same is true for many pictures which get lifted and passed off all the time. I've seen at least one of my pics in newspapers and discovered at least one well known angler has his pictures 'lent' all of the time without acknowledgement.

richiekelly

Reaction score
its a shame that someone feels the need to pass other peoples work off as their own because they cannot write their own either through lazyness or more likeley not having the required knowledge or skills to put this type of thing together, unfortunately it seems that the carp scene is for some people about impressing others and not fishing for their own pleasure/targets, there are a lot of people who fish for carp but i am afraid that a lot of them are not carp anglers as i would define them,i wonder how he feels now that he has been found out.

mark tearney 2

Reaction score
reply to your concern.

Hello all. I am a committee member of the Newport Pagnell Fishing Association whos website is linked to the forums that these post have being placed on. The site admin has been informed of these post and it will be looked into and they will be removed if needed. NPFA cannot be control all posts on this forum as they are open to the public.

Last edited:

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Its surprising what gets posted on the WWW, I recently found where comments made by my son about a new CIPFA 'accountancy toolkit' were used to advertise the product. He knew SBA about it.

A good few years back a then CSG member submitted an article for publication in the Group magazine which had been lifted word for word from an article written by Peter Stone (at least I'm 99% sure it was by PS)

Last edited:

Frothey

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

I wasn't really that fussed about it, just made me laugh to think someone was copying me, i mean ffs that really is scrapping the barrell! Like I said, can hardly blame the site it was posted on :)

Reaction score
I have a pretty good idea of the true back story as to how Frothey's articles ended up in the anonymous state they did. The guy posting them on his site which looks like it's had more visitors today than in the last 6 months (1 a day?) probably has little idea of the original source of the articles.

Graham M. and myself knew about what was happening both with these articles and some others about two years ago, and Graham took action. I guess this guy has one of the copies that were bandied around at that time and has no idea of the author.

My articles have been around the world, turning up in all sorts of unlikely places, and the same is true for many pictures which get lifted and passed off all the time. I've seen at least one of my pics in newspapers and discovered at least one well known angler has his pictures 'lent' all of the time without acknowledgement.

An international illegal trade in FM articles? Who have you told?

Glad to see you've protected Graham M's identity... he never caught anything worth talking about, right ;)

Tell us more... but in code obviously :)

This post will self-destruct in five seconds....

Last edited:

mark tearney 2

Reaction score
free membership...lol

Your all more that welcome to join our club we have some great water here...as for free membership sorry cant help you with that one.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a committee member of the Newport Pagnell Fishing Association whos website is linked to the forums that these post have being placed on. The site admin has been informed of these post and it will be looked into and they will be removed if needed. NPFA cannot be control all posts on this forum as they are open to the public.

Hi Mark.

All that needs to be addressed is your own forum rules;

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Neil has obviously broken your own rules, he should be banned and the articles deleted from your site. It's quite obvious he changed the pictures and the occasional sentance. This equals false, inaccurate material and the copyright law has also been broken! Quite deliberate if you ask me! Neil must go, or offer a full apology to FM and the NPFA and delete the articles...

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Unbelievable!!!

The tw*t is trying to sell it as his own!!! Someone should nail his ar$e!

What is his surname? Neil ........ is a fake carper!!!

Ar Frothey is the best :cool::D