Cheeky F***ker

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
There's avery useful piece of sorftware called Turnitin - that can check any article published on the web to see how much has been copied

maybe a few web sites might find it useful to buy it

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Don, this is no criticism of your site. We have trouble at times controlling what people post in threads and more especially in Blogs, but when something is found such as this, it is deleted immediately and apologies sent to the offended party.

What is irksome, in this instance, is that it is a MKAA moderator that has posted it and he must be aware of the site's T&Cs and he should also be aware of United Kingdom Copyright Laws, such as they are. I am not going to suggest anything that should be done to this guy, but suffice to say that any of our moderators that did similar (and hopefully they have more common sense) would by now be extremely worried about their future relationship with this site.

In fact, that goes for any member of FM!

PS: items have been removed from both sites so as far as I am concerned, matter closed.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
PS: items have been removed from both sites so as far as I am concerned, matter closed.

The thing that I find almost laughable is what sort of Plonker would actually think that in this 'Internet' day and age that he could get away with such blatant plagiarism?

To pass off another person's written work as his own is downright dishonest and unethical.

Dipstick!!!

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Unfortunately in today's society the meaning of the word 'integrity' appears to be fading into history.

People no longer trust the integrity of others and consequently seem to think it's acceptable to loosen their own moral belts. After all, two wrongs nowadays do make a right, 'Everyone else does it so why shouldn't I?'

Not a dig at anyone on here, just a personal, some may say cynical, view of the modern world.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I hope Neils credability as an angler/writer is in tatters now!

He's a fake and a complete muppet!

Frothey

Reaction score
I did, but I didn't moderate it. In fact, I don't know why it was or by whom?

Don seems like a decent fellow though.

He did it himself Jeff

I hope Neils credability as an angler/writer is in tatters now!

He's a fake and a complete muppet!

To be fair Steve, from what people have said he seems to have given people a lot of advice and been fairly helpful. Just make a couple of little f**k ups along the way.

Jordan Pearce

Reaction score
Sorry getting to grips with the forum seem to have edited opposed to add a new post. Sorry was in a rush! Yes I am a member of MKAA and just posted to say that we have a good forum which is a great aid to local anglers. Quite a few long time posters have left recently due to the forums dominance by a couple of people, I have said on there that we should be able to vote for our mod as we all pay to be part of the club, will see what happens. This is not too personal as I feel any club which receives any lottery funding should be considered as a public service provider, therefore the members should have some choice, not censorship.

I've read FM for over a year now but these are my first posts :D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
If you write and post pictures and articals on FM, you have the copyright, FM have the right to use the material, thats part of the argreement you sign up to.

Having said that, I am not sure FM can sell on the material without you knowing, and not paying you part of the profit.

Best thing to do,

When writing or posting material, just add, copyright protected.

As for MKAA, i have dealt with them in the past, and sorry to say, they say one thing, then do the other, but the members I have dealt with have been fine, they need to change their committee, but it's been like that for years.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
they need to change their committee, but it's been like that for years.

Sadly Dave that would probably apply to the majority of angling clubs.

I made several enemies on my own club committee when I said it was becoming a committee of friends of friends proposed by friends. (not the CSG I hasten to add :)) A couple of friends on the committee think the same as me ;)