Licences Checked

P

Philip Inzani

I seem to remember a period about 10 years ago I guess when they sort of went bananas and I was checked a few times one season but apart from that I guess I have only been checked about 5 times ever. I remember hearing about a bailiff avoiding a canal with a match on it as it would be "too time consuming" to check the licenses!!!!!!!!! I would have thought a nice flat towpath with evenly spaced anglers is the ideal place to check licences ?!

Actually I know its aleading question but I dont have to buy a national license as such over in France....for example if I visit a day ticket water I just need to have the day ticket nothing else.
This got me thinking about the UK, what with the license and permits and syndicates etc the UK must now be one of the most expensive places in the world to do standard coarse fishing on a public waterway.....I am guessing as I dont know the rules in ever country but the point is - Do you guys think you are getting value for money ?

P

Peter Morton

Philip,
have you seen the cost of a round of golf? I have saved quite a few bob now i only have to buy a national licence instead of several regional ones.The cost of the average club book in relation to the amount of water that most cover still seems like a bargain to me,so yes i do feel as if i'm getting value for money.