So who caught what?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

Been very quiet on FM this weekend, I'm guessing that's because most were out for the last weekend on the rivers - I was away visiting relative in York so didn't fish and didn't get on FM much - but I'm going on Wednesday.

So who went where and what did you catch?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Rarely fish weekends, looking forward to tomorrow on the Colne - not decided on Wednesday yet.
Jerry

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I fished the Colne yesterday in a club match. 2 fish in the last hour, a barbel of 5lb5oz and a 12 oz perch both on the pole and flat float.......

red creel

Reaction score
Did not fish at all the weekend saving myself for the grand finale;)

Wednesday morning on the Loddon back home by midday to rest and recuperate then out on the Thames for a few hours up till 8.00pm

Sounds like a man with a plan but it will doubtless fall to pieces immediately after leaving the house wednesday morning!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
On Satirday we split in to 2 groups, one group of 3 down to Throop and the other group to Britford on the Hampshire Avon.

The Throop group managed 9 or 10 decent Chub between them and the Britford group had mostly a mass of Grayling, some nice Dace and GW had a gorgeous roach, absolutely pristine it was. GW also managed a rare feat of hooking a 'double header' of minnows on one cast.

On the Sunday a couple of us took on Avon Springs in the cloudless sunshine but managed 4 good Trout; a 7, 2 x 8's and a lovely 9 pounder as well to Neil.

All in all a great weekend in great company coupled with decent food and wines. The craiq at the dinner table (and breakfast) was, as usual, first class!

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
On Satirday we split in to 2 groups, one group of 3 down to Throop and the other group to Britford on the Hampshire Avon.

The Throop group managed 9 or 10 decent Chub between them and the Britford group had mostly a mass of Grayling, some nice Dace and GW had a gorgeous roach, absolutely pristine it was. GW also managed a rare feat of hooking a 'double header' of minnows on one cast.

On the Sunday a couple of us took on Avon Springs in the cloudless sunshine but managed 4 good Trout; a 7, 2 x 8's and a lovely 9 pounder as well to Neil.

All in all a great weekend in great company coupled with decent food and wines. The craiq at the dinner table (and breakfast) was, as usual, first class!

was this some kind of fish in?

dangermouse

Reaction score
Had a shortish (4 hour) session on the Don this afternoon and I`m now 2 for 2 in blanks this year :(

terry m

Reaction score
I had a day on a local gravel pit piking on Saturday taking 7 fish - and another 2 dropping off (grr). No monsters but a lot of fun. May be able to sneak another short session in before COB Wednesday!