''Tackle accessories touted as indispensible''.

daniel121

Reaction score
Lol yeah I remember them, i was silly enough too buy one

There's been loads of things Daiwa lock n load ptfe bushes! Or the Maver elastic system from the90's it was called 'muloto' or something like that? Can't remember but they were over complicated rubbish

flightliner

Reaction score
I once fished a series of six on the trot matches at old "Cocky Bowers" .
Before the match Walter took a few of us into his barn where he had his testing gear that prooved by a flapper falling onto one of his needle floats and a similar shotted stick float in a perspex tube that they were superior in bite registration.
One of the guys bought a couple and won the match.
I never knocked 'em!.:rolleyes:
ps, not many knew but old Walter was a fairground prizefighter in his younger days, allcomers!.

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
Don't forget the Korda Krusher Pouch.
It'll keep it safe and prevent it coming apart and getting damaged during transit.
Only six quid.

That "pouches for everything" part of the carp tackle bandwagon astounds me. Here it is, a full range of storage for all those things you never needed it for in the past, plus another range of storage to keep all the storage pouches in. The loaded barrows you see trundling past look like they're for moving house, for goodness sake. :)

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 ----------

Middy "Shotgun" feeders. Great idea, but the ones I bought packed up after a couple of trips, the spring-loaded part refusing to lock, so whether they work as fish-catchers....who knows?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Wasn't there once a "dumb barge" version of a bait-boat, called a "Mabby" or something similar? You filled it with maggots which were able to trickle out, then moored it at the head of the swim and it obviated the need to feed by hand.
I'm guessing that "mooring it at the head of the swim" was the killer; er, just HOW??

---------- Post added at 07:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 ----------

A quick post facto* google to check I wasn't hallucinating yields this:

http://www.fishingmagic.com/features/diaries/9292-wintle-s-world-of-angling-a-good-idea.html

* should that be "post posto?"

greenie62

Reaction score

daniel121

Reaction score
I don't know about indispensable but whenever the rubbish idea thread pops up I think Duck Sentinel still sets the standard.

Google it. You'll be amazed....once you stop laughing !

Mate what a way a nurse a Sunday morning hangover :thumbs:

I'd never heard of it, have a look at this brilliant lol

https://youtu.be/xqkIQ2Mso6g

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Pairs of distance sticks going for £30 plus ????
2 bank sticks you already have is much cheaper.

daniel121

Reaction score
Genius isn't it ! It may well work but would you honestly admit to owning one ?

The bit that literally made me laugh exceptionally hard was at the end of the video, long distance casting - then what he did lol :D

No its utter stupidity, the way fish steer clear of controller's you've got naff all hope with that on hard fished venues.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I had to google "Distance sticks", but they look like £2 each stick, £2 for the bag, and £24 for the piece of string..
And they're black, so you have to annoy everyone else by prancing about with a headlamp if you want to use them at night.
I must be missing something - but what?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Distance sticks are outrageously priced for what the are. However, banksticks just don't work for me, not unless you hack the top off rendering them useless as banksticks. I really tried hard to avoid buying some proper distance sticks. After two years of struggling on with unadulterated banksticks (knurled tops really, really didn't help ;):D), I gave in.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I think that Carp fishing tops the lot for catching anglers, they fall for it every time.

If you talk tackle tarts, then the carp boys are at the top, for buying complete rubbish.

You don't need distance sticks, bivvy heaters, TV's, what is that all about ???? Bait boats is another, i wish i had a sub to sink the F**kers.

The bait spoon is another.

I bet if someone came up with a machine that cast your rods for you, the Carp boys would buy it. Then DF would say Korda came up with the idea. You saw it here first :D:D:eek:mg:

steve2

Reaction score
Like others I have never heard of distance sticks. But there is always a mug somewhere that will buy them.

bracket

Reaction score
Like others I have never heard of distance sticks. But there is always a mug somewhere that will buy them.

Not fishing themed but on the same tack. When I was in the first week of my engineering apprenticeship, the tradesman I was working with was having difficulty repairing an assembly, so he sent me to the Workshop Tool Store to borrow a "Struggling Bar". I only ever went once. I do however recollect many a Trent Winter League Match when such a fabled bit of kit may have been a facesaver. Pete.

robtherake

Reaction score
Favourite at the research centre where I worked was to send a wet-behind-the-ears lab assistant for a bottle of benzene rings. :)

wanderer

Reaction score
This reminds me of as a youth, we used to go in to the local boots, and ask the teenage Saturday girls, where the fitting room for the condoms was, security usually rapidly removed us.