I neeeeeed a new rod!

sagalout

Reaction score
The great wye barbel master has told me mine is to small, he also said I should get a higher test curve rod for the Wye. I now have a Ross AC ticket as well as a RFODAC Wye ticket and my 1.25 tc rod can't cope with the feeder size I need.

Has anyone got/played with the Korum Twin Tip Plus? Korum Twin Tip Plus Rod | Korum | Korum: Fishing Made Easy

I don't have a budget as such but being as I don't know how much river fishing I will be able to do because of access and me bad back I thought I would keep the budget below £100'ish.

Last edited:

dave m

Reaction score
i use a pair of the korum 2lb barbel rods and they are excellent.
you can get them for £45 delivered and probably as good as rods for twice the price.
i use mine on the ribble so kind of similar to the wye.
forgiving enough in the tip and bend through to the spigot without feeling they are locked up, yet the tip doesnt fold over in a heavy flow.
i use them with feeders of 3-4 ounce but occasionally up to 6oz and they perform beautifully.

NEW Korum Barbel 12ft Fishing Rod - 2lb - KBROD/02 | eBay

jon atkinson

Reaction score
Not familiar with the Korum but it looks a very similar beast to the Fox Duolite that I use on the Ribble, whilst unsuccessfully seeking double figure Barbel :wh.
The Duolite also has optional 1.75 & 2.25 top pieces which have covered all eventualities for me thus far, on which basis the Korum would seem a fair shout for under a ton...

sagalout

Reaction score
Thanks chaps, the Korum is £63'ish and the Fox Duolite £130'ish, blimey. I shall have to find a shop and have waggle.

Any more thoughts anyone?

barbelboi

Reaction score
A Harrison Torrix is just what you need Saggy and well worth the little bit extra..................

sagalout

Reaction score
P1ss taking barstewards. A little bit extra????? They look more like £250 in the ads i've seen. If I can manage fishing the river I might have a butchers.

sagalout

Reaction score
My kids said to stop spending their inheritance, they have loads of schit they can waste my money on.

sagalout

Reaction score
Are you mad? Have you any idea of the plethora and magnitude of spells that would be cast on me for messing with the coven of she who must not named?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Are you mad? Have you any idea of the plethora and magnitude of spells that would be cast on me for messing with the coven of she who must not named?

Yes....I regarded that as being a bit of a bonus. Be quite interesting to see if a donkey headed toad could actually hold a fishing rod . :D

Get a Torrix. You know it makes sense.

sagalout

Reaction score
Been out and had a waggle and for 50 of your good english pounds I bought a Korum 1.75 barbel. I shall hopefully be out with it tomorrow afternoon and shall see how it performs.

sagalout

Reaction score
I don't mind buying a proper rod eventually once I have proved to me self that it will get used more than a handful of times a year. If/when I buy a new rod I will sell this one to some dodery old fool on here for many hundreds of pounds by painting it to look like a bean pole for the garden and including a vintage cotton reel, I mean centre pin, for free.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Tomorrow when I catch a dozen barbel to 10lb on it in a four hour session I shall ask each one if they have a preference for a £50 or a £250 rod.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I don't mind buying a proper rod eventually once I have proved to me self that it will get used more than a handful of times a year. If/when I buy a new rod I will sell this one to some dodery old fool on here for many hundreds of pounds by painting it to look like a bean pole for the garden and including a vintage cotton reel, I mean centre pin, for free.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Tomorrow when I catch a dozen barbel to 10lb on it in a four hour session I shall ask each one if they have a preference for a £50 or a £250 rod.

You are beyond help. Get back in that burrow.

sagalout

Reaction score
Well I cast out using the Korum 1.75 tc barbel rod warranted for 18 months and capable of casting 5oz bought for £50 at 1305 today. At 1310 the top had a very hard ping/pluck whatever you want to call it, and after a very spirited fight a 5.5lb barbel laid in the net saying "bl00dy nice rod for £50".

I had a further 5 barbel to 6lb and a couple of chub around the 3 or 4lb mark. I did loose 4 or 5 barbel and a couple of chub. All of the fish except one commented that the rod was very nice. The one that wasn't impressed with the Korum was a barbel of about 35lb and he cut my hook link when he saw that it wasn't a torrix that had hooked him.

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
,,,,,,If/when I buy a new rod I will sell this one to some dodery old fool on here for many hundreds of pounds by painting it to look like a bean pole for the garden and including a vintage cotton reel, I mean centre pin, for free......

That's cruel - to refer to Mr Tyler as a 'doddery old fool' - he's only a few months older than me! :eek::D:D:eek:mg: