Impulse Buys

sam vimes

Reaction score
I know I posted this on another thread but this has to be an impulse buy. as I can't think why you want to spend 90 on this

It's not even a buy, let alone an impulse buy, unless someone is stupid enough to pay money for it. Buyers can ask whatever they like for something, but that doesn't mean anyone will pay it. There was a Watercraft box with Octoplus gear that's going for about twenty quid. If anyone wants an old plastic box that's a far better buy.

mikench

Reaction score
I didn't buy mine , it was free!:) Mind you I have been paying for it ever since one way and another:rolleyes:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I've only ever made two impulse purchases to be honest, one was a second hand lawn mower and the other a mail order Russian bride . . . . .

Neither went much worth a damn . . . . . . .

:wh

No sympathy-Should have stipulated, must be able to mow a lawn in a straight line!! and payed the extra!
:)

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
That was her stipulation to me!:) Er indoors has never lifted a finger in the garden but regularly expresses surprise and delight at how it looks!:mad: isn't nature amazing!:rolleyes:

rayner

Reaction score
What about your new Browning pole Rayner, you forget to mention that!;) I hope you like it! We are not here long and this life ain't no dress rehearsal so buy what you want and enjoy it while you can!:)

Nope I didn't forget the pole, it was bought a month or so ago.
The more recent purchases were nothing more than feel good. The items they replaced were all perfectly usable but an enforced lay off as always gave me the spending bug. If nothing else it gives me a bit of a nudge to get back quick.
I could think of a few far worse ways to lighten my wallet.
My savings were for later life and that's now.
Besides I can't leave everything to my Daughter.

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
There are 3 pages on this thread at the moment and no on has
admitted to getting a marriage licence as an impulse buy :D

No impulse my marriage.
At the time I didn't know how lucky I was. I'm definitely molly coddled.

nottskev

Reaction score
I bought a DAM Carp rod at the end of a Newark Angling Show in 2006 for £30.
Probably because I hadn't bought anything else.
Although it was a beauty, with a chequered woven blank blended into a plain tip and Fuji rings and fittings. Well worth the price.
It was called DAM Hi-Octane Carp 2 3/4lb.
Never found a trace of it on the internet when I looked later.
I entertained using it as a pike rod, when I was fed up with attacks on my roach.
I thought about using it to put out feed at the start of big river barbel sessions.
I sold it, unused, in 2016 for £30.
Not sure what the moral of that story is.

mikench

Reaction score
I can see you were quite close for 10 years Kev but it just didn't work out!;) C'est la vie! :rolleyes: