Who fancies a fish in?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
It's been ages since we had an FM fish in. The venue I have in mind is fairly central and easily reachable from the Midlands, NW, SE etc. It features fantastic big roach fishing a rod length out, carp on feeder, pike and big perch.
Day tickets are £7. OAPS £4. Parking is free.
There are no local food outlets so sarnies need to be made.

Fisheries.co.uk - Canal and River Trust Boddington Reservoir, near Byfields, Northamptonshire

I am proposing Sunday 13th October 19.

Please post on this thread if you are interested .

Please don't post if you're not or can't make this date....

Interested -

Me.
Jerry.
Jeff W.
Skippy
Chris H
Keith M
Sam Vimes
John Step..
The artist Rob
Windy..
Notts Kev.
Rich 66
Ian fishy catchy
Wethrough Gordon .
Lark.
Mark cw.
Big Bloke

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Might be, if only to meet up with old faces like Jerry.

Can you get bank stick into or between the rock on that bank or do you need a seat with arms sticking out like a ... what do you call them ... matchmen? Only I don't have a seat just chairs now.

Is Clattercote no good these days?

chrissh

Reaction score
Count me in.

If anyone want a lift down from the Dronfield /Sheffield let me know, I only have room for one with their gear

sam vimes

Reaction score
Subject to sussing out exactly where Boddington is, and the vagaries of self employed working, I may actually come to annoy you all. If it happens, requests for which rods/reels people would like to see will be taken.

john step

Reaction score
Count me in IF its not at the crack of dawn enabling those far flung members like me time to get there.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Excellent ! No minnows, grayling or trout in there though, Chris.

I do appreciate that. Will make a change to catch something else that late in the year. However, I have just sussed where Boddington is. It's just into nosebleed territory for me. I haven't travelled so far at my own expense since I left the Royal Air Force! I hope the venue is good!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
The last time I fished there was a match which was won with 40lb of clonking roach .
I'm not thinking about an early start, probably around 9:30 - 10am to give everyone time to get there. It's open 24 hours if you want to be early.
I think the average journey time for most would be 2hours although from N Yorks more like 3 and a half.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Same here Rob but we don't get the chance of a FM meet up that often these days - not my sort of day for fishing either (Sunday) but the rivers will still be there for every other day of the season...........:)