Morale booster

Keith M

Reaction score
Recognise this rod??

It was caught trotting with a stepped up Mitchell Match Float rod designed for Tench and bream that I originally bought for the wife for just £15 from one of the last tackle shows at Thorpe Park a few years ago.

Not all cheap rods are rubbish and this 12ft rod caught many Carp Tench and Barbel on the float.

I still have this rod and keep it at our holiday home for when I’m away on holiday.

Keith

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Some days all you want is a Perch but can you get one?

Why does everything like worms?

Ah, that's better.

If only the fool taking the picture hadn't blurred the one fish he was after :eek:mg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Edited,post

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bermuda triangle post

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
A possible pb Roach taken on waggler and worm, just as my pb from a different water was.

Part of a bag of several big fish and it went back un-weighed as I dismissed it as a hybrid back at the time but several people thought otherwise and looking back so do I...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vanished post

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Post swam off

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
Part of a bag of several big fish and it went back un-weighed as I dismissed it as a hybrid back at the time but several people thought otherwise and looking back so do I...

Splendid looking fish whatever it is. :thumbs:

Aknib

Reaction score
I knew I had a shot of a Bream bag but I didn't realise I'd have to trawl back eight years through my folders to find it lol...

And a small but satisfying mixed bag from the Chesterfield Canal at Shireoaks, had some good Tench from that stretch during the warmer months...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not a bad thing really as i'm fed up with posting pic's, postimage won't let me post anymore as apparently I have to upgrade.

Aknib

Reaction score
A bit of a story behind this clonking river Perch.

I was enjoying a day on the river double pegged with Crow who was chucking out a feeder for Barbel and I'd told him how the big Perch live in the bottom of a deep, snag infested pool.

They'd always ignored my paternostered livebaits but I found that they would come up out of the snags when they get preoccupied with a constant trickle of maggots sailing by overhead, snatching at a bait and darting back down to safety but you had to wade through the bits until you got lucky.

Anyway, with this in mind I'd been going through the motions and catching bits on a light float rig just off the rod tip for a couple of hours when the float shot away and the rod was nearly ripped out my hand as the fish came up out of the snags, snatched a single maggot on a size 18 and dived back down again!

The fish went on a long, powerful run out into mid river and before Graham could reel in his feeder rig it had crossed his line but after a few anxious moments we became untangled and I eventually netted it after a memorable scrap on very light tackle...

Definitely one of my most memorable Perch both for the fish and the circumstances of its capture.

barbelboi

Reaction score
A selection of river floats...

Why don't you get a lid for your float box?;)

Unfortunately the only 3+ roach pic from the early 60's is well and truly lost over the years - best i could find among the 2s was this 00's Kennet 2.14......

roach-kennet.jpg

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why don't you get a lid for your float box?;)

Unfortunately the only 3+ roach pic from the early 60's is well and truly lost over the years - best i could find among the 2s was this 00's Kennet 2.14......

roach-kennet.jpg

Lid goes on when I put the drawer back in the cabinet ;)