Which line & Hook to nylon

Saluki

Reaction score
Which line is best suited for bream and tench? Also I use to use hook to nylons but I’m out of touch as it’s been so long. I remember using a main line beginning with “U” and it was slightly reddish in colour. Again I’ve lost touch so your advice with up to date lines etc would really help me back it into things.

Cheers ?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I think the line was called Ultima, as for line you have the choice of daiwa Sensor, Shimano Aero, PI reflo.
all decent lines. As for Hooks Kamasan B911 in the 3 options and various sizes will cover most situations,
invest in a hook tyer and tie your own.

Saluki

Reaction score
That’s the one! It never let me down. What Ilb line would you suggest to load the reel with as main and which Ilb line hook length? If I remember rightly I’m sure I used 6Ilb main 3 bottom hook to nylon.

I really appreciate your time and help on my posts.

ian g

Reaction score
Probably worth going to chat to anglers on your chosen venue , see what sort of set ups they're fishing and what size fish you can expect to catch.

Keith M

Reaction score
Check the ready made hooks to nylon by Guru.
Various breaking strains to various style of hooks, and in different lengths,
All the major brands do them, They are all reliable.

Do they come in 18” nylon lengths? or is just 12” and shorter? If so I probably won’t have to tie my own hooklengths or put up with 12” ready tied when I’m waggler fishing if the hooks are ok :)

Keith