Back to fishing

Bill1810

Reaction score
Im getting back into fishing again after a few years off and have remembered I have a broken pole section,its only an avanti hyperactive 16m and the number 5 section got smashed beyond repair was just wondering anyone on here knows of anywhere I could get hold of a new or second hand section and could point me in the right direction.
Thanks Bill.
And tight lines all .

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Welcome to the forum, as for pole section I would see if an overwrap can be done, I have had sections splinter and break in half that have been over wrapped. Another option is go on Used Tackle website and see what's on there.
I gave the same pole away to a charity a couple of months ago otherwise you could have had it, poles was unused and not elasticated.

rayner

Reaction score
Welcome, If I remember right the Avanti pole is from Dragon Carp. If it is perhaps a call to them would be the way to go, maybe they could source a spare.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Measure diameter of top and bottom of number 5 section. Then see if tackle shops have universals in, Give fishingspares.com a call, Billy Clark's fishing tackle they should have ides if anything fits.

rayner

Reaction score
I remember Rodger Sugay, that's the chap who used to do tackle shows selling loads of gear to keep the cost down, is that right?
Billy Clarkes is a good call, being from Sheffield I don't know how I forgot his shop.

Bill1810

Reaction score
Hi markcw, thanks for the reply I looked into getting it repaired after I trod on it with my clumsy size 12's and split it the full length of my boot,shop said it not repairable and its pretty much impossible to get hold of replacement sections.

Bill1810

Reaction score
Ok thanks rayner I'll give them a try,seem a bit of a shame to get rid of a perfectly good pole for the sake of one broken section.
Tight lines .

Bill1810

Reaction score
Measure diameter of top and bottom of number 5 section. Then see if tackle shops have universals in, Give fishingspares.com a call, Billy Clark's fishing tackle they should have ides if anything fits.
Thanks I'll give that a go,I'll have to measure the inside of 4 and the outside of 6 because I told the tackle shop to launch 5 if its not repairable about 4 years ago sad thing is I got two sections out of the pole so it's like new apart from no.5 section.