Bargains. Let us know.

steve2

Reaction score
The one thing I would say about this TFG range of rods is stick another label on them and they would be 3 times the price.

rayner

Reaction score
I always managed with my teeth for closing split shot, I have quite a lot of dental work to come so bought myself a pair of Cressida shot pliers. £7.99 I thought was reasonable. At least cheaper than broken teeth.

steve2

Reaction score
I always managed with my teeth for closing split shot, I have quite a lot of dental work to come so bought myself a pair of Cressida shot pliers. £7.99 I thought was reasonable. At least cheaper than broken teeth.

The amount of lead shot I have put on with my teeth over the years it's a wonder I haven't got lead poisoning. If I tried biting on this now so called soft shot my teeth would have disappeared years ago.

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Nothing to do with me or anyone I know but I thought this was a very nice and well crafted example of a rarity and at a very modest asking price, I've seen lesser examples go for much more...

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Just picked this up for £10, a mamba 9ft 6in fly rod, xtx carbon, line 6-7 and reel with fly line and backing. I don't need it just looked good for ten quid. There were about 5 rods on offer for £5 each and one with this reel for £10 but the rod it was on had a broken ring so I got them to put the reel on this one and give it to me for £10, I chose the one with the cork handle. Just a second hand shop that has just opened again, looked like new owners.

Attachments

• 100_0246.JPG
    100_0246.JPG
    683.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Couldn't resist in the end so went back and bought the other two fly rods for a fiver each, on the basis that anything with a cork handle has got to be worth a fiver. Maybe not, but they are in good nick, ones a Leeda and the other a Diawa, but ones a 6-7 rating so might get used. Not a bad haul for twenty quid, couldn't say no, the anglers curse! (can't figure out whats happening with the image)
1591966292236.png

valetudoguy

Reaction score
Couldn't resist in the end so went back and bought the other two fly rods for a fiver each, on the basis that anything with a cork handle has got to be worth a fiver. Maybe not, but they are in good nick, ones a Leeda and the other a Diawa, but ones a 6-7 rating so might get used. Not a bad haul for twenty quid, couldn't say no, the anglers curse! (can't figure out whats happening with the image)
View attachment 9390
Brilliant, I wish my local spots had stuff like this. All I have up here is over priced rubbish, a completely broken Daiwa fly rod they wanted £45 for ?? anyone would think they were sitting on gold not broken tackle.

Would love a £5ish little project rod ?