Rod Pods

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I am looking for a good value, ( not as in cheap) rod pod for occasional use.
A couple of waters I fish have hard standing pegs, ideal for seatboxes and attachments, so if feeder fishing, I just pop on feeder arm and rod rest and away I go.
I am going to be doing more waggler and feeder fishing sat in a chair, so looking for rod pod suitable for 12' - 13' feeder rod.
Not going down the korum type chairs that take attachments I have 2 stealth lite chairs I can use that dont.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I hate rod pods. There is only 1 water I fish where there is no alternative and I am forced to use the blasted things.

On platforms I use a stage stand with a short rod rest....an old one cut down actually with a " Dutch Feeder" rest either front or back or both. Works for me and no more fiddly than a pod which is NEVER quite how you want it. A pair of stage stands and a screwdriver take up a lot less space than a pod too...and weigh less

john step

Reaction score
By coincidence I have just organised something similar for occasional use. I fish a section of river where there are concrete platforms. So no screwing into wooden platforms.
I use a couple of tripod blocks and some short adjustable banksticks with buzz bars at the front and back . Height is adjustable. Only thing to watch are vicious bites that can shift the front ones. A 4 pint milk container filled with river water hanging underneath largely solves this.

chrissh

Reaction score
I use a Nash KNX pod for concrete platforms its compact and light the length extends from 50 to 90cm and the hight is 21 to 31cm and folds down for easy storage in my rod bag

knx_3_rod_pod_2_of_10_.jpg

61GCzQBy3BL.jpg

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I hate rod pods. There is only 1 water I fish where there is no alternative and I am forced to use the blasted things.

On platforms I use a stage stand with a short rod rest....an old one cut down actually with a " Dutch Feeder" rest either front or back or both. Works for me and no more fiddly than a pod which is NEVER quite how you want it. A pair of stage stands and a screwdriver take up a lot less space than a pod too...and weigh less
This hard standing is concrete, so will have to go down rodpod route, Other option is strip box right down to seat, one drawer, and still take feeder arm to attach to box leg instead of footplate leg.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This hard standing is concrete, so will have to go down rodpod route, Other option is strip box right down to seat, one drawer, and still take feeder arm to attach to box leg instead of footplate leg.

Your prolly best to keep your eye on ebay or faceache ads.
I would imagine I use one less than most but I do have one. I think it's a gardner black panther and is as good as any pod i've ever clocked.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Concrete = rod pod or tripods. Tripods are ok-ish but not terribly stable unless you weight them in some way which I am far too lazy to do. When I have to I use a compact Sabre pod,not because its a great pod but because its light and packs away to next to nowt.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
The ones I have seen are 3 rod set ups, I am after a 2 rod only because I have never seen a 1 rod, would get used a couple of times a month. No musical rod rests or other indicators required,

john step

Reaction score
You dont need to put a rod rest on all three. You can use just one if you wished.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
You dont need to put a rod rest on all three. You can use just one if you wished.
I know, am thinking of space as well.
I will only be using one rod, the fish in where I go pull a fair bit even with a baitrunner on, they can take line off in an instant.
I have found something i may be able to adapt to fit front chair leg, put PI extending feeder arm and rest on that ,with rod,then have butt of rod on seat at side of me, Just need to find one more item to see if it will work, and knowing my luck it will be in with the rest of my tackle at Warrington.

Galois

Reaction score
I am looking for a good value, ( not as in cheap) rod pod for occasional use.
A couple of waters I fish have hard standing pegs, ideal for seatboxes and attachments, so if feeder fishing, I just pop on feeder arm and rod rest and away I go.
I am going to be doing more waggler and feeder fishing sat in a chair, so looking for rod pod suitable for 12' - 13' feeder rod.
Not going down the korum type chairs that take attachments I have 2 stealth lite chairs I can use that dont.
Hi I have a 2 rod Nash knx pod hardly used surplus to requirements. I have switched to 10ft rods and just use a very compact non adjustable Chub pod now. You can have it for £30 which includes postage if interested.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2 rod Nash knx pod hardly used surplus to requirements. I have switched to 10ft rods and just use a very compact non adjustable Chub pod now. You can have it for £30 which includes postage if interested.
Cheers, will get back to you if my idea for attaching feeder arm to a seat does not work,
Looking for one piece to see if works , I may have left it at Warrington with other stuff, will be going up there soon.

Galois

Reaction score
Cheers, will get back to you if my idea for attaching feeder arm to a seat does not work,
Looking for one piece to see if works , I may have left it at Warrington with other stuff, will be going up there soon.
No problem good luck