millwards swimversa

christhoel

Reaction score
does anyone have a millwards swimversa rod ?
took it down the canal today with a intrepid reel the action of the road is great but its so heavy not sure how people managed a full day fishing with the old rods

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I wouldn't care to use mine for trotting a river, but the handle is very long compared to other rods of the same date. With the reel mounted at the top of the handle there's a lot to tuck under your arm and I don't find it too heavy to hold all day for stillwater fishing.

christhoel

Reaction score
The action with a fish on is great nothing like any new rod I’ve got but I very much doubt it will become a regular rod taken out

xenon

Reaction score
does anyone have a millwards swimversa rod ?
took it down the canal today with a intrepid reel the action of the road is great but its so heavy not sure how people managed a full day fishing with the old rods
Simple-that rod was designed, made and sold in an era when men were men.

steve2

Reaction score
Are these rods really that heavy, anyone would think we are talking rods weighing a couple of pounds instead of a few ounces more than the same length modern rod. My 2 cane fly rods only weigh 6ozs and my 50 year old spinning rod 8 ozs. I think it is more to do with cane not being as stiff as carbon.

christhoel

Reaction score
Quite possibly but it did feel a lot heavier than what I usually fish with