How did you get on?

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO: No,it wasnt Tim,lol,when this guy walked past me the first time yesterday,I laughed at him,he had a face like a smacked arse,so upset,thought he was going to cry,poor plonker....(rodders)

Reaction score
Certainly not,the gentleman i'm talking about,reminds me of a short Victor Meldrew type character,I think that if he smiled,his head would explode....

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I was going to go on the Oxford canal today,
Got up, made a brew, went outside to garage to check on bait, was bloody cold,
Got back in took brew back to bed,
Temp not going above 3 degrees and with wind chill will feel like -1
So the worms and maggots live to fight another day .( I will be giving them names at this rate if I dont get out)

peterjg

Reaction score
Very unlike me but I haven't been since last Monday. Not covid but don't feel too well so I'll try to be patient (and sensible!) until it warms up a bit.

john step

Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to be cold but drier. I havent been piking lately so maybe tomorrows the day.

chevin4

Reaction score
Certainly not,the gentleman i'm talking about,reminds me of a short Victor Meldrew type character,I think that if he smiled,his head would explode....
It could well have been Tim if he was having a bad day ???

Reaction score
Well,i've been again today,blanked again,in a decent peg,I think I must have given up fishing and forgot to tell myself....by the by,it was bloody freezing....

My mate fished the swim I was in Sunday,the man turned up again and badgered him to move a bit quicker packing up,unfortunately my mate made him wait.....

Reaction score
Just to put the icing on yesterdays blank,my covid app pinged last night and I have to self isolate for seven days because i've come in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus,as i've seen nobody apart from my family apart from anglers,one of two people yesterday had it and went fishing yesterday,that is where the system goes up the swanny,if someone blatantly breaks the rules when positive,then everyone is at risk....
To top that my 82 year old mate has refused the vaccine,on the basis that it hasn't been tested enough and he has managed this far without the flu jab,ffs even if it gives you 50% immunity it is better to have it,even if it made you a bit poorly for two weeks as an after effect,which supposedly it doesn't,any old excuse imo,to be irresponsible for the general population.....

chevin4

Reaction score
Take care Alan hope to see you on the banks again soon. With cold weather forcast well into next week you can take some consolation that you may not be missing much certainly not the Meldrew lookalike ?

Reaction score
Cheers all...

Hugh,even though I love the stretch,I do find it irritating when guys ask you if/or when your packing up,(this is in any number of swims),but Victor takes the biscuit,he only ever wants number 7,and he never stops glancing at you,I thought my luck had changed at first(???),but he doesn't give in,I think i'm going to go up there one day with just my barbel bag,ready rod bag and fish till ten minutes to kick off,that'll really get his goat,cos he will be thinking I will be packing before dark,it'd be worth every minute of discomfort....

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Last blank of the year. It was nice to be out though. Sunny, no wind but very very cold. So cold in fact that I managed to bag the only corner of the lake that was ice free. It didnt do me any good though as nothing was interested in a variety of deadbaits whether stationary, sink and draw or made to dance the okey cokey!

Clodhopper

Reaction score
Met up with a pal for the first social distancing session of the year. The river was up.more than i had expected after our three day 'dry spell' but no matter, I had made up a bag each of licky for us and....... oh cr@p I'd left the sliced white at home.

We fished maggot for a few hours for one tiny.roach each but never mind. We were out in the fresh air and it felt good.

HNY aĺl.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Pete Shears

Reaction score
First trip of 2021 yesterday to the Wreake - still a little high and coloured but fishable. Managed two chub, 2lb 9oz & 6oz both on quivertipped crust, nothing on worm.
2nd trip of 2021 to the canal feeder reservoir deadbaiting for pike, very muddy coloured but flat calm and the car told me it was -0.5C but no frost,that came later after 8am as the sun rose and in the full sun it was very pleasant however the pike are still on strike - four of us attempting to catch one, absolutely nothing.