Bargains. Let us know.

Keith M

Reaction score
What is the tackle shoulder bag like?

The previous ones were good for roving with minimal tackle and I see that the latest ones now have four outside pockets? although I haven’t seen them yet in the flesh.

Keith

Update Edit: I did manage to have a gander at their tackle shoulder bag but unfortunately it’s a bit too big (and floppy) for a roving bag so I didn’t buy one.
It’s OK for someone who needs a cheaper normal sized shoulder bag, although it looks fairly basic in quality..

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I have the wellies and can’t fault them.

Looked at the bib and brace but feel the Daiwa Matchwinner one, which I have, is a better quality. Mine is lined and warm but am tempted to get an unlined one for Summer. For £50 they are great value. Lasted twice as long as my previous, twice as expensive, MAP suit already, and still as good as new. Also has outer pockets on the legs, which are great for phone and wallet.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have the wellies and can’t fault them.

Looked at the bib and brace but feel the Daiwa Matchwinner one, which I have, is a better quality. Mine is lined and warm but am tempted to get an unlined one for Summer. For £50 they are great value. Lasted twice as long as my previous, twice as expensive, MAP suit already, and still as good as new. Also has outer pockets on the legs, which are great for phone and wallet.
The Daiwa is made by Sundridge, brilliant suits,
The DF12 is a twin layer garment, that may suit your needs, not sure if they have been discontinued and a DF15 is out, also Prestons have introduced the Competition range of waterproofs, unfortunately I cannot comment on those.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have just had a few lures delivered from One Pound Fishing Tackle.

The Savage Gear “Hard Eel” is an eel shaped lure with a solid front section and a huge rubber tail The lure is about a foot long and weighs around a hundred grams. Meaning you will need a jerk bait outfit to cast it. It comes with a spare shorter tail too. The hooks and fittings look pretty substantial. I also bought some Savage Gear “Dirty Roach” paddle tail shad type lures. The eel lures are very good value at four quid a pop, they are mostly around a tenner or so on line. The roach lures were three pounds for two. They are decent and I’ve caught a few pike on the slightly larger sizes in the past. I’ve dealt with this company a couple of times previously and they have been great with zero problems. Their other lures and bits are worth a look too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I bought a new chair, a JRC Stealth recliner from a company called Fishdeal.co.uk based in the Netherlands. Apart from not being able to source one here the prices were around £100. I got the chair including postage from Holland for less than £60. I ordered on the 21st march and it arrived today. They offer competitive pricing on a whole range of fishing tackle and with no vat or import duties. Well worth a look. The chair looks and feels quality but time will tell.

chrissh

Reaction score
Nash are sell a lot of bits on ebay Just won a Nash zt caribou parker for £60 from officialnashtackle on eBay
s-l500.jpg

seth49

Reaction score
picked up a 1.8 litre thermos flask in Asda yesterday, it was on a rollback from £12 to £9 , big substantial flask as well, I filled it with boiling water last night at 6 .30 pm and it’s still very hot this morning, so it’s passed that test ok.

I make my brews with the Nescafé sachets of cappuccino in a thermal insulated cup which keeps it warm if I hook a fish etc, the flask fills this cup four times so plenty for a good days fishing, I see it’s branded as a thermos make, but made in China, they seem to be buying the old brand names up to use, I even saw a scooter the other day with an AJS badge on, seems they’ve bought that name as well.

seth49

Reaction score
Well it works ok, just fitted it to my side tray, and it shades all of it, the clamp it’s fitted with should fit any chair or seat box leg, if not a bank stick pushed in the ground by the tray, should be ok to fasten it too.

5C5F6492-17F8-4B6D-9902-8966ECB19A88.jpeg