Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: method fishing

my works fishing club have just booked this years matches,3 of the venues are drayton res,boddington res and castle ashby.all respond well to method fishing and indeed drayton res is probably the best known method water in the country....
    i`m just getting back into match fishing,only at a club/friendly level and havent fished at the above venues for a few years...
    can any one reccomend a good proven method mix that they or a friend have used that may just give me an edge???
    the last method mix i used was just a sensas one with a little added fishmeal...

hello nick if you have pole fish on the
    first shelf with 1kg of worms and a few pints of castors you will catch plenty
    of carp but use the stongest pole and elastic you can get. as for fishing the method use van den eynde method mixed with
    browncrumb also a friend of mine caught on the float method with corn/bollies.

good luck

i was toying with the idea of using brown crumb with some fishmeal and collant binder...
    any thoughts???

nick you want the groundbait to
    breakdown to atract the fish so you
    could use fishmeal with a method mix

Dave George Guest

For this time of year the method feeder is a pretty safe bet at Drayton. As for mixes I suppose it all depends on how much you want to spend. I personally would use the Dynamite 'swim stim' in Green or Black. It is very fine and the consistency of the mix is easily varied by the amount of water you add. Start with small amounts of water and keep squeezing a handful until it sticks into a firm lump. Even though it is for the method I would still riddle it to ensure an even texture so that the dryer lumps don't fall off on the cast. Accuracy and regular casting are key requirements at Drayton, don't stop even if you don't get an early response, try and hit the same spot every ten minutes, use the line clip but there are some big b*****s out there so if you have to unclip ensure that you have counted the reel turns or marked the line to enable an accurate reclip.

not fished drayton for a long while...dont know weather to ditch my match/pleasure stuff for my robust speci carp rods etc.....

mike smith 2 Guest

Cheap mix.Just 7 only just cover 5-6 pints of trout pellets with boiling water,stir,leave for 24 hours,push result through maggot or pinkie riddle.there you are cheap & works very well & will even hold caster,particles grated meat or a few maggots.Will last for a match

never felt confident enough to use the pellet soaked in hot water trick,i suppose i`m worried about ending up with a mush that is no good for man nor beast....one question mike,does the soaked pellets stiffen up after a while when fishing???do they need moistening every so often???

peter webber Guest

Nick

Try this one it has worked well for me in the past.

2 X 1kg bags Van Den Eynde method mix ( red )
    1 bag red bread crumb
    1 tin sweetcorn ( liqudised )
    1 cup cooked hemp
    1 cup crushed trout pellets
    1 cup baby milk powder

Mix this up then add:

1 tin whole sweetcorn
    2 cups sml trout pellets

In the winter if I use this, first I will sieve out the feed in the Van Den method mix and leave out the whole sweetcorn and trout pellets.

Good luck

mike smith 2 Guest

the soaking method works really well,just keep it covered.I've never added any extra water.But it did take me a couple of goes to get the ammouts just right.the failures i used to stiffen up std mixes to make method mixes.The big plus with this method is that it's cheap & works really well @ 27 for a sack of pellets which will last for ages & can be used on their own won't break the bank.like buying preprepared mixes will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast