Grandeslam Pocket Rocket Pen Rod Match?

tortoise100

Reaction score
This is pasted from there site

Grandeslam UK will be running a 2010 pocket rocket pro competition to try and break the current world record (date to be announced) and anyone who purchases this rod and reel combo will be invited to fish the match, with some great prizes and cash up for grabs. Customers who purchase the pocket rocket pro combo who wish to fish the competition will just fill in the form that comes inside the packaging and post it to Grandeslame Head office who will invite the owner to fish the competition when the official date is announced.

I have never been interested in match fishing but this is the first thing that has ever tickled my fancy in that regard ,I think it could be funny to watch if not to take part there is no way of bullying the fish.

Are any of you serious match fishing competitive types tempted to show how it's done ?

quickcedo

Reaction score
No takers there then Mr Froggy. You can't fit a laccy band to the end and they don't extend to 16m:wh;);)

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Notorious though I am for my voice fluking up an octave with a squeak of "HOW much????", on this occasion even I didn't have to ask.
And if it's carp (anag.) as a whip, it'll make several sets of punches.

tortoise100

Reaction score
Seen the rod now and they actually are a proper tool I will not be getting mine till November so i might have to get in touch with grandslam and find out if there is a date for the Match yet .

Would like to know about what there guarantee covers as well bearing in mind the fact that they are encouraging people to try and break the world record of an 18lb carp.

Mullarkeys had sold all but one so people are getting these rods.