Margin Pole

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
Lookin for a margin pole. Any recommendations?
Is the new sensas one any good?

N

NottmDon

Lot of good margin poles on the market lewis. Depends on your budget and your preference. I have a Maver and a Fox both are right for me but someone else might not like them. Best thing is decide your budget read a few reviews in Advanced Pole Fishing and then go to a tackle shop and ask to try one out to see how it feels before you part with your cash.

Karl P

Reaction score
ive heard the shimano beast master is really good or the maver moby **** have a look at them both and see what suits u Karl

Dave Float

Reaction score
try the middy rythum stick.I have used one for 2yrs not had a problem with it .Very strong and not so expensive eiter about forty quid.

L

Laurie Harper

Margin poles are, by definition, not required to be very long - I have a ten metre Maver which is more than adequate and very strong (best fish on it - 17+ mirror - Whoooah, boy). The Beast Master is a long (14+ metre) carp pole - very good, but not cheap. Given that you won't want long reach for margin fishing and therefore, weight and rigidity aren't such an issue, I reckon NottmDon is right.

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
cheers for the recommendations lads and i will bare them all in mind. thanks

Streamline

Reaction score
I have just bought the Maver M8, it is so light and strong. At 8m it feels like I am holding my 410. It is not cheap by any means ?115 from Brundall Angling but it is VERY good.

I also own a lucifer, but will not get it out of holdall now, it will be the Maver first and foremost, and this comes from somebody who said that they would never by another Maver pole!!

Karl P

Reaction score
shimano do a shorter margin pole think its called beast master margin

J

james hunt

i have a brand new maver abyss 8.0m for sale?70.00 retails for ?129.99.

T

Terry Comerford

I see a lot of anglers using margin poles.
There's a lot of Shimano Beastmasters being sold, by the looks of things.