match at clattercote

ken Cartlidge

Reaction score
although I have been a follower of many posts on the forums this is the first time i've startde one!

I've got a match at clattercote in a couple of weeks and would like a few pointers.

Also , when I rang the bailiff he told me nearby Boddington Reservoir was shut at the moment. Anyone Know why?

S

Steve Wilson

hi Ken

Boddington is closed at the moment because they are building concrete platforms whilst the water is low
these platforms are to make the fishing safer because if you have ever been there and fished off the rocks you would now why

As for clattercote .if you are on either side up to half way up then its bagging waggler with the lightest and cloudyist groundbait that youve got using Ringers white boilley or pellet hairigged

method feeder with dead red then white boilley works too

hope this helps

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
steves right about boddington.....you need the agility of a mountain goat to fish alot of the pegs there!!!
it made me wonder about what happens if some one slips/trips on them rocks and breaks a leg etc.... who`s liable???

Rodpod

Reaction score
oi ken.......just leave enough room in the car for piper alpha ! :)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ken, at Clattercote you need to target the carp to win, on the top with bagging waggler if it's warm enough for them to surface feed, or on the bottom with method feeder otherwise.

The tench are another option at certain times, but you need to ask a few questions of the regulars when you get there and find out what's been best just lately.

Uaual baits are pellet, boilie, corn, or maggot.

ken Cartlidge

Reaction score
thanks for all the tips, it really helped me to blank!!!!!!! on a serious note it was a very nice venue to fish, especially as rodpod won the match with 56lb of carp and bream, (his box/oilrig weighs a lot more than that!!!!!)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Ken, Graham organises an FM match at Clattercote every May.It's usually a question of who finishes runner up to to Stu Dexter but it is always a good crack.Blanking will put you in good company.

ken Cartlidge

Reaction score
Im always up for a good laugh on the bankside, and it helps if I catch.

I will keep an eye out for the fish-in at clattercote, sounds like a good time.