Nisa Feeder Master Series R Yare - 23/9/06

Waveney One

Reaction score
Fairly clear again today and it was roach all the way. A guy night fishing for carp apparantly had one of 17 1/2lb during Friday night and much to his annoyance 'A bream a chuck' so it looks as though the bream have turned nocturnal whilst the river is clear. Numbers were down again today as the Bure Champs were on so sections were only of 7 and there were only 4 sections. One of those sections had 3 bags of roach over 20lb though.

1st on the day - Tony Anderson - Sensas Angling Direct - 25lb 12 - Roach up to 1 1/2lb on the pole.

2nd The irrepresible Nick Larkin - Nisa Waveney - 25lb 2 Roach on the feeder

3rd John Taylor - Sensas Mark One - 23lb 7

4th ~ Paul Barnes - Milton Keynes - 21lb 4

5th - Andy Moss - Unattached - 20lb 8
6th Richard Watson - Nisa Waveney - 17lb 11 Roach on the feeder

Only 4 sections and some of the weights are included above and 2 are defaulted by 1 place ( I'm not proud!)

17lb 11, 16lb 2, 21lb 4, 13lb 3

Only one match left in the series and Nicky Larkin still leads the league with his best 8 weights totalling 290lb 10, next is Robert Hubbard with 283lb 10, 3rd is John Taylor with 243lb 15, 4th is Andy Moss with 222lb 3oz.

I am now 6th with 195lb odd. Although I had 17.11 today that counted I had to drop a 12lb weight so only went up 5lb. I can't fish next week so I'm out of it for definate. If Robert Hubbard catches more than 20lb next week and beats Nicky by more than 4lb, then he will snatch the title on the last week!

What a brilliant series this has been. River fishing at its Best.

I hear that the Bure fished well and Rodney Finch had 50lb plus, but not all the weights were in when I last heard.