Match Etiquette

mick boswell

Reaction score
Swim Stim Amino pellets, 6mm. Seeing as you asked /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Rod Rose

Reaction score
I fish club matches every week, I fish them not for the money but for the crack. Most of the guys have the same attitude. One or two take it serious but thats life. I have yet to spot a fiddle unlike other clubs I have fished with.

One the best ones I came across was the hot pegs not even in the bag but in fiddlers hands, a quick dip in the bag and "O" I've got a good peg. Once or twice in a season, but every week! even an old fool like me could spot what was going on.

Years ago the club I fished with caught out the fiddler by pegging a match the night before, and thenchangingthe pegs early on the match day. Mr fiddler went straight to his "hot peg" that he had chosen the night before to discover that it was not the number that he had "drawn" The look on his face was priceless!

Despitethe sometimes fiddles I still enjoy fishing the matches if for nothing else then trying to spot the cheats it adds another dimension to fishing.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Spot on Rod.

You can see it in their eyes can't you?

Rod Rose

Reaction score
Too true, they can't look you in the face after the draw, its great fun they know that you know. Sod the fishing let's shame the cheats.

Rod

dave stokes

Reaction score
all cheats should be shot at dawn.

whenever i get asked what i'm catching on i say " secret grubs mate "

when they say " what sort of grubs are they then "

i say ...even i dont know mate ...it's a secret...lol.