How to avoid the small catfish

iacob horia

Reaction score
Hello everyone, im writing for the 1 time on this forum but i must say im desperate because of the great plague that is the small american catfish everywhere inEurope...

Now im asking all the experienced coarseanglersfrom Europe HOW IS POSSIBLE TO KEEP AWAY THE CATFISH IN MATCHES AND COMPETITIONS IF THIS STUPID FISH IS EATING LIKE A MAD, AND NOOTHER FISH NOR THE BREAM , OR CARP CAN GET TO THE FEEDING AREA.... SO PLEASE GIVE ME A SOLUTION, WHAT ADITIVE OR TEHNIQUE MUST I USE TOKEEP AWAY THIS FISH.../forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif

iacob horia

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifsorry for buthering but i asked for help for some time....... nobody can give me an advice about how to avoid the small american catfish, when fishing to bream roach or carp on the pole...... PLEASE MY FRIENDS ...........

Reaction score
I can't help you myself because I don't have the experience of catfish.

But I think it's reasonable to say we don't have a problem beinbg pestere with them in the UK.

You may get more help on FM if you fill in you profile and give a bit more info in your question ie where are you fishing? What do you mean by 'sheffiled'?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I have heard to only way is to cover you bait in a plastic mesh to stop the poisson chat from destroying the bait, the loose ground bait will be take by them.

the plastic mesh means the small fish cannot take or nibble the bait but a larger carp can take it and the flavour leaks out.

By all accounts it is a nightmare.

iacob horia

Reaction score
thanks, but my problem is in the composition of the ground bait because it is atracting the poisson chat, and all the rest of the fish is staying away.....

there must be a solution.... how to combine the ground bait and aditives to keep away this monster..../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

rob marsh

Reaction score
where abouts in sheffield you fishin? ive never heard of any problems with catfish in any matches that i attend. one solution is to feed an area that you are not fishing to one side then fish your main area,

any way i would have thought you wanted to catch loads of these to make up ur wieght or am i wrong

peter lawler

Reaction score
I only know of 2 fisheries in sheffield that hold cat fish and I want one ! give us a clue where your getting pested and i'll give it a miss.or are you fishing in new jersey USA ?

rob marsh

Reaction score
peter where are these 2 fisheries in sheffield then fancy catching one my self

ROB

peter lawler

Reaction score
so does everyone else wont tell on forum the EE 's might fancy one too ! or other anglers that are fishing for them might not apreciate my big mouth

iacob horia

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS FOR ANSWERING, ESPECIALLY ROB MARSH, I THINK THAT MAYBE YOUR ADVICE IS WHAT I NEED..... AND ABOUT MY SHEFFIELD /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifI MEANT, FISHING ON FLOATUSINGWAGLLER, AND WE SAY TO PECHE A L ANGLAISE ALSO SHEFFIELD, BECAUSE THE ORIGINS OF THOSE ROADS ......./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

dave stokes

Reaction score
i'm beginning to be thinking that perhapsing you are fishing your locals aquarium !!!

and you might have been paying the administrations fee to enterings !!!

if this is soings ypu shouldbe runnings off of it very very quickleys as the warder type persons will be jumpings on you from a greatish height for trying to be stealing the tropicals fishes ....

dont forgetings , if you catch a portugese man-o-war it can be very stingingish and could leave you with a largish swellings if stunging in thes groinish area.

ohhh yes stsa true ish....x.