Dorchester disaster....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Duffpeg Paul picked me up at 7. Got a few miles down the M25 when I realised I had left my wet weather outfit and boots at home so back we went. Arrived as the last couple of people were drawing at the layby at Dorchester. Longish walk across the muddy field upstream to our pegs, wind and rain persisting down. Started fishing pole at 8m in the crease between the slack and torrent of Thames that was piling through. Roach first chuck, swung it and it fell off. By 11oclock the wind really got up and the brolly was flapping. After losing 2 pole rigs and snapped elastic due to the snagpit I was fishing over I got up to set up a bomb rod and heard a sort of kerflump splosh, yep, my brolly had caught a rogue gust of wind and pivoted my seatbox forwards and into the Thames....All my 4 baitboxes+groundbait bowl floating upside down alongside my seatbox, inside out brolley ****!********!
Managed to haul it all out but all my bait was gone. Decided to fish on and put the bomb rod together. Then my heart sunk, **********! my TDXD reel had been on the tray with the baitboxes...****!
After probing around with my landing net in the muddy margin, then netting a lot of my maggots and casters out, I was lucky enough to find the reel in the net. Phew!
Had a few chucks with the feeder, not a touch. Then I heard some windborn expletives, Duffpeg was not a happy chap having broken his quivertip somehow so that was that.
Needless to say we both packed up and went home....

B

Berty

Catching the real was a right result mate!...........always look on the bright side of life :)

Morespiders

Reaction score
God your a whinger Crabtree, could have been worse Gaunt could have been sat next to you:D

Terry D

Reaction score
You did better than me. Lost my mobile at Dorchester and didn't get it back!

bigfish74

Reaction score
that only happened once then i made sure i over pegged the brolly down well you cant be to sure

andy

agamemnon

Reaction score
it might be worth buying a couple of storm rods for your brolly. i used to suffer similar probs to you but now unless its a baking hot day and the brolly is us as a sun shade the storm rods come out and the brolly is pegged down at the back as well.