It just goes to prove you cannot believe all you hear or read!

brummiephil

Reaction score
We were fishing a match at a well-known midlands fishery this weekend and every one told us to be wary about the bailiff as she is a tyrant. I google’d the place and again the net is full of anti-bailiff stuff going back years. We met her when we go there and she was a pleasant as can be, friendly with great advice and a cheery hello!

B

binka

When I read the title of the thread I automatically assumed you were referring to FM ;)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
We were fishing a match at a well-known midlands fishery this weekend and every one told us to be wary about the bailiff as she is a tyrant. I google’d the place and again the net is full of anti-bailiff stuff going back years. We met her when we go there and she was a pleasant as can be, friendly with great advice and a cheery hello!

Maybe she's read the comments and changed her ways

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've lost count of the number of bits of fishing kit that have been ignored or panned that I've loved and vice versa. Same goes for tackle shops, fisheries and any number of non-fishing things. On occasion you do get something that's universally panned or lauded for good reason, but they aren't that common.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Too right.

Never accept anything as the gospel, about an individual or organisation that you haven't heard, seen, witnessed or experienced yourself.

Made me laugh that Fred.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Glad to hear it Ade, it's a good policy to keep in mind. it was one of the reasons I accepted an invitation to join "a certain single species committee".

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 23:38 ----------

What I leaned/ experienced as a result of that, lead me to the stage where certain individuals/silly name callers, were found out.
Any respect I may have had for them disappeared from then on, my mind was made up that their actions were no more than those of kids who didn't get their own way and threw the toys out of the pram.

Last edited:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Glad to hear it Ade, it's a good policy to keep in mind. it was one of the reasons I accepted an invitation to join "a certain single species committee".

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 23:38 ----------

What I leaned/ experienced as a result of that, lead me to the stage where certain individuals/silly name callers, were found out.
Any respect I may have had for them disappeared from then on, my mind was made up that their actions were no more than those of kids who didn't get their own way and threw the toys out of the pram.

Did you come to that conclusion as a result of something you actually witnessed or something you were told Fred?

PS, I have no desire to start another war over this so a pm will be fine, life's too short to drag up all kinds of 'he said, she said' up from 5 years ago.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Quite simply Ade, I had direct contact, and experience long term, rather than take what was being said and written at the time and since.

I then made my own assessment, as stated earlier in the thread, of the few people involved and their tagalongers.