Korda goo

C

chefster

Anyone got any thoughts on this newish additive,i,ve managed to grind a few results out on hard days putting it on the pellet cone,and on the flat feeder,using pineapple smoke and corn smoke,anyone?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I understand the RSA team use it on the method feeder, to great effect....
Some catching 3 or 4 hundred carp a day?

C

chefster

I,ve never really used it in the summer,so cant comment,but i,ve tried it on some hard winter days and managed to catch quite well,who knows it could just be a coincidence and the fish could have just turned on,but you,ve got to have a bit of belief and confidence,have,nt you?,cheers Chefster

C

chefster

That maybe true ,Blanker ,but you can,t dismiss some additives especially if they could just give you a slight edge on a rock hard day,this stuff has some proven results ,you may only need a couple of bites to frame in the depths of winter.On a recent match i caught 12 carp,from nowhere using it on the pellet cone...Chefster

richiekelly

Reaction score
That maybe true ,Blanker ,but you can,t dismiss some additives especially if they could just give you a slight edge on a rock hard day,this stuff has some proven results ,you may only need a couple of bites to frame in the depths of winter.On a recent match i caught 12 carp,from nowhere using it on the pellet cone...Chefster

Not being a match angler I wouldn't know, I have spoken at length about Goo to a south African angler, it was designed to be used on large south African waters and the anglers that use it have dozens of different combinations for different waters, his view was that it was of little use to English anglers in the form it can be purchased here.

Unless conditions can be exactly replicated using goo on one day and not on others no conclusions can be drawn, only by using and not using additives over a long period of time can any conclusions be drawn and even then the conclusions may be wrong as angling and the use of additives does not lend itself to scientific experiments due to there being to many variables.

If you have confidence in it then continue using it but you will never know if you caught because of it or despite it.

C

chefster

So Blanker. what would be your views on Krill as an additive,bearing in mind so many products containing it ,have recently flooded the market?cheers Chefster

richiekelly

Reaction score
So Blanker. what would be your views on Krill as an additive,bearing in mind so many products containing it ,have recently flooded the market?cheers Chefster

Just because products containing krill flood the market doesn't mean its a magic bait, there is no such thing, krill as a bait ingredient has been about since I had long hair and there aint much of that left. how much krill is in theses products ? its not printed on the packets. like I said if you are happy using it and it and you fish confidently because you are using it carry on using it. there is no substitute for watercraft and application and unfortunately that doesn't come in a bag. mind you could try banana that's supposed to be the dogs danglies :wh

Last edited:
C

chefster

So what your saying is every single bait thats man made is a rip off?....Chefster

sagalout

Reaction score
Krill as an additive
I tried Marykuku liquid krill as an additive over a few weeks (it came in a one litre bag) and I didn't notice any change in catch rate. I have tried all sorts over the last couple of years and I don't think any of them have made a difference.

If an additive could be proved then I would expect the manufacturer to supply the proof, I don't think any of them do anything but say "Johny Fishfinger caught 200lb of carp using miracle additive K9P".

C

chefster

Hi sagelot, i,m inclined to agree with you on the krill front.I,ve had the same results dump potting plain dead maggots ,as i have with krilled maggots, I do however still use dead krilled maggots in the winter,i guess it,s just a mind thing....cheers Chefster

richiekelly

Reaction score
So what your saying is every single bait thats man made is a rip off?....Chefster

Please do not put words into my mouth,i have never said that, some baits/additives do at times work better than others but that can depend on a number of things.

I have been making my own baits for many years ( over 35 years) and belive me there is no holy grail that is all things to all anglers/waters/fish.

I will say one thing and that is if you knew the mark up on baits you would be surprised.

I have a feeling that you fish vastly different waters to myself and like I keep saying if you are happy using it on your water carry on but please don't expect me to think that if I use it on a 60 acre water with less than one carp per acre that I will suddenly start attracting fish to where I want them to be.

cg74

Reaction score

And had you used chopped worms, casters or maggots, who knows, you might of caught 16 carp??

C

chefster

I,m not expecting you to think anything i was just asking for peoples views,and i respect your thoughts,so i,m soz if i,ve caused you any offence,cheers all the best Chefster

richiekelly

Reaction score
I,m not expecting you to think anything i was just asking for peoples views,and i respect your thoughts,so i,m soz if i,ve caused you any offence,cheers all the best Chefster

No offence taken I am to old in the (false) tooth for that.

Most of the time :)