People starting threads

C

chefster

I am curious as to why hardly anyone ever posts on this catergory,are,nt there many match anglers on this forum? Chefster

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I am curious as to why hardly anyone ever posts on this catergory,are,nt there many match anglers on this forum? Chefster

I think that there are far too many forums in the first place.

Coarse, Match, Barbel, Carp, General et al.

We did try to streamline some years ago but the process didn't meet with much approval.

That said, we don't have an awful lot of dedicated match anglers here on FM these days, we used to have more at one point though . . . . . . . .

jasonbean1

Reaction score
i'm out every week around oxford on club matches on the rivers and canal...still a good crowd and we've got round the dwindling numbers by having alot more inter-club matches.

donnington tommorow...gonna be a proper grewler, task number 1 put a fish in the net...if that fails task number 2 the pub :D

B

binka

I hope this section does pick up, I haven't match fished for many years but still enjoy reading about it.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Capture_zps2b149992.jpg

C

chefster

Yeah Binka,theres even more people on the fly fishing forum!!..Chefster

sam vimes

Reaction score
I haven't fished a match in a good ten years. I'd have no problem in replying to certain topics in this section, if others started them, but I've got little to start a thread with. Perhaps I could start with "Do you think that match fishing is a deceased Norwegian Blue?" ;)
On here it probably is, but I suspect that has more to do with most match types sticking to other forums.