How far for a club match

C

chefster

Some of our club matches are a 100 mile round trip, while although you can have a good day seems a bit excessive to me,takin into account fuel,bait pools.etc,How far do you guys travel?,Chefster

markv

Reaction score
At the moment, no further than about 25 miles tops, so 50 round trip, usually less, but have gone further in the past.

For me i'd say up to 40, 80 round trip is as far as i'd want to go, but if it was a bit further, on the odd occasion, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

After all, it's fishing isn't it :eek:

Suppose it really depends what waters are available around a club.

C

chefster

Weve got miles of the OXO canal,miles of the Cherwell,and various commies',but they want to go to Larford,Makins.Decoy etc,and then only 6 turn up !!!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I know exactly where you are coming from on this chiefstar.
I have the same dilemma every weekend.
I am a member of 2 clubs with a dedicated few that turn out on a Sunday morning. The expense comes second ( to me ) to the anticipation, preparation and a day out on the banks in good company and hilarious banter.
Get it while it's hot..
10 years down the line it may have gone.....

C

chefster

Yeah i cant complain about the fishing,banter or mickey takin ,i just think the,yre missing out on some really good fishing on our doorstep..Chefster

markv

Reaction score
I've travelled to the other end of the country to fish a couple of times. Locals think you're mad lol.

We don't always appreciate what's on our doorstep.

Or is it a case of just becoming bored with the familiar ?

B

binka

I only fish a handful of club matches on our own water each season but I find the six mile round trip just enough to get it out of my system about the rigged draw, the speckled chub I couldn't weigh in 'cos everyone else said it was a pike, or any other reason I can find for coming last again before I arrive home and console myself with a cold beer :w :)

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Yeah i cant complain about the fishing,banter or mickey takin ,i just think the,yre missing out on some really good fishing on our doorstep..Chefster

banbury and district AA ?

there's a few clubs around oxford that just fish the cherewll thames and oxford canal...like north oxford AS and kidlington...good days out on local waters also with good attendances now we alternate the match calendars not to clash

C

chefster

banbury and district AA ?

there's a few clubs around oxford that just fish the cherewll thames and oxford canal...like north oxford AS and kidlington...good days out on local waters also with good attendances now we alternate the match calendars not to clash

Hi mate,do you fish with N/OXON OR KID clubs? BDAA is not actually a club as such they do have opens though,basically they control several waters in the area.there are a fair few clubs in Banbury,but the club i fish with is outside Banbury ..Cheers Chefster

jasonbean1

Reaction score
fish with both, furthest we travel for a club match probably donington on the thames.....16 miles round trip?