Keepnets.....

C

chefster

Go back and read the post again and you will not look a fool look before you leap sunshine get it right then come back by all means.:wh

Yeah i,ve looked back and can only see reference of you stating you were a competition secretary:wh

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah i,ve looked back and can only see reference of you stating you were a competition secretary:wh

You said a club secretary that is not the same thing as a competition secretary is it one deal with the genarel admin of a club the other organises the club matches and competitions and runs them on the day . Since when are fishery managers / consultants not allowed to be active club members you seemed surprised at the prospect. There is a lot more to angling than just catching fish for some of us.

C

chefster

You said a club secretary that is not the same thing as a competition secretary is it one deal with the genarel admin of a club the other organises the club matches and competitions and runs them on the day . Since when are fishery managers / consultants not allowed to be active club members you seemed surprised at the prospect. There is a lot more to angling than just catching fish for some of us.

Mate i was only surprised that you did,nt play the "Fishery Manager" card first !!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mate i was only surprised that you did,nt play the "Fishery Manager" card first !!

Why should I a competition seretary will see far more of what happens to fish first hand than a fishery manager does. Most fishery managers are to busy with fishery business to attend competitions and matches and see what the effects on the fishery stocks are.

cg74

Reaction score
Being a fishery manager and fishery consultant for over thirty years.

So it's actually your opinion, albeit a professional one, it's still only an opinion and not a fact.

I can happily tell you plenty of lakes that have a high biomass of both bream and carp, here's a few to be going on with:
Newlands AC Bents lake
Newlands AC Surmans pool
Kirtlington Manor lake

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Why should I a competition seretary will see far more of what happens to fish first hand than a fishery manager does. Most fishery managers are to busy with fishery business to attend competitions and matches and see what the effects on the fishery stocks are.

"Most fishery managers are to busy with fishery business to attend competitions and matches and see what the effects on the fishery stocks are."

Well I'd say a fishery manager not knowing what is having an effect on a fishery's stocks is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So it's actually your opinion, albeit a professional one, it's still only an opinion and not a fact.

I can happily tell you plenty of lakes that have a high biomass of both bream and carp, here's a few to be going on with:
Newlands AC Bents lake
Newlands AC Surmans pool
Kirtlington Manor lake

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

"Most fishery managers are to busy with fishery business to attend competitions and matches and see what the effects on the fishery stocks are."

Well I'd say a fishery manager not knowing what is having an effect on a fishery's stocks is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Well try it some time then you might talk some sense if you have some experience under your belt instead of just trying to score points like the pet poodle on you like list . Club officers work as a team not in isolation so it is down to team work one person letting another know whats going on one person cannot keep his fingers in all the pies at once it takes a team to get it right not any one person there is a lot more to it than just a title.

cg74

Reaction score
Well try it some time then you might talk some sense if you have some experience under your belt instead of just trying to score points like the pet poodle on you like list . Club officers work as a team not in isolation so it is down to team work one person letting another know whats going on one person cannot keep his fingers in all the pies at once it takes a team to get it right not any one person there is a lot more to it than just a title.

A load of nothingness there, as you know nothing about me, my background, experiences etc

No comment to the first part of my post, here it is again, in case you missed it:
"So it's actually your opinion, albeit a professional one, it's still only an opinion and not a fact.

Newlands AC Bents lake
Newlands AC Surmans pool
Kirtlington Manor lake"

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A load of nothingness there, as you know nothing about me, my background, experiences etc

No comment to the first part of my post, here it is again, in case you missed it:
"So it's actually your opinion, albeit a professional one, it's still only an opinion and not a fact.

Newlands AC Bents lake
Newlands AC Surmans pool
Kirtlington Manor lake"

What were you fish has got to do with it is beyond me I meet the likes of you in my work and my fishing it is something I just have to live with such is life thank god we are not all out of the same mould.

cg74

Reaction score
What were you fish has got to do with it is beyond me I meet the likes of you in my work and my fishing it is something I just have to live with such is life thank god we are not all out of the same mould.

What are you trying to say??

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What are you trying to say??

I have said all I am going to no point in wasting my time thank you very much not into pointless point scoring. If you want to discuss fishery managment sensibly thats another thing point scoring is not my forte send me a PM and I WILL send you my rates.

cg74

Reaction score
I have said all I am going to no point in wasting my time thank you very much not into pointless point scoring. If you want to discuss fishery managment sensibly thats another thing point scoring is not my forte send me a PM and I WILL send you my rates.

No need for a huff; I was merely asking you to clarify what your previous post meant, as I found it incomprehensible.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm just glad i'm above it all.........i use a keepnet, all my livebaits would get away if i didn't. :)

I used to use a submersible live bait carrier with a lid it floated just under the surface when I needed a fresh bait I would flip the lid and take one out . I was on a fishery one day and a chap who was fishing near me came up and said how do you do that I have been trying to catch a live bait all morning and I have seen you but your hand in the water and pull out several live baits . I said oh its simple I will show you and I did we both fell about laughing:)

caferacer

Reaction score
Talking of keepnets,what happened to the Steadfast Safeweigh?I had one years ago when hauling ton ups on the Shannon and it was the biz-simply unclip the end,rotate the bottom hoop and away they went.An excellent net and one I would certainly buy again if it were available.

chav professor

Reaction score
When pleasure angling I get satisfaction from seeing a net full of fish after an afternoons fishing....

40lbofbreamandapachehelicoptorday029.jpg

Last edited:

maverick 7

Reaction score
Going back to the keepnets and bream thing.....

I have seen loads of keepnets crammed with bream in the old days (from rivers and drains I might add) ...and in what would be illegal keepnets these days.......and never saw a single fish belly up on release....perhaps with the exception of a tiny perch or two.

Maverick

---------- Post added at 02:49 ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 ----------

When pleasure angling I get satisfaction from seeing a net full of fish after an afternoons fishing....

40lbofbreamandapachehelicoptorday029.jpg

Just an afternoon then eh Chav?

.....it would have taken me 3 weeks to catch that lot.....:)

Mav

C

chefster

Roll on summer-we can fill our keepnets full of carp on commercial fisheries:D:D:D:D:D

maverick 7

Reaction score
Roll on summer-we can fill our keepnets full of carp on commercial fisheries:D:D:D:D:D

I never use a keepnet......unless it is on the very rare occasion that I am in a match....about once in every 10 years.

I can well understand why people like to use a keepnet...even when pleasure fishing but it doesn't do it for me...particularly as I more or less only fish rivers..... and although I have done so in past matches....I really am not comfortable with placing barbel in keepnets.

The last match I was in was about 8 years ago...and God knows how, but I won it....with one 9lb barbel and thankfully it was weighed just after I caught it...as were all the other barbel that was caught in the match.

Maverick