Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keepnets.....

chefster Guest

Default Keepnets.....

Any match or pleasure anglers check out these keepnets; Home - keepnetsdirect they look pretty good at the price

Default Re: Keepnets.....

Why do pleasure anglers need keepnets?

Just asking like.

They sometime take pleasure in seeing their catch at the end of the day!

Sometimes it's better to keep the fish in a keepnet rather than release them back into the same swim you are fishing.

chefster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by terry m View Post

Just asking like.
    Some waters allow keepnets for pleasure anglers,and some pleasure anglers also fish odd matches,and its required to split silvers and carp,i only put this thread on for info,if anyone was interested.....

Quote Originally Posted by terry m View Post

Just asking like.
    Why shouldn't they? If it's ok more match anglers to use them, surely it's ok for anyone else to?

chefster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by split shot View Post
    Why shouldn't they? If it's ok more match anglers to use them, surely it's ok for anyone else to?
    Thats right as long as people are responsible when using them,thats why i would always suggest getting two nets.When fishing sometimes the worst thing you can do is let a bream or skimmer go straight back from where you caught it,it can be the kiss of death.......

Quote Originally Posted by chefster View Post
    Thats right as long as people are responsible when using them,thats why i would always suggest getting two nets.When fishing sometimes the worst thing you can do is let a bream or skimmer go straight back from where you caught it,it can be the kiss of death.......
    And putting bream in a keepnet can be the kiss of death for them as a ex competition seretary I know this to be a fact bream in particular suffer in nets and the more in the net the more they suffer.

chefster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tiinker View Post
    And putting bream in a keepnet can be the kiss of death for them as a ex competition seretary I know this to be a fact bream in particular suffer in nets and the more in the net the more they suffer.
    Well i,ve been fishing matches and pleasure for over 40 years and i,ve never experienced that,as long as people are responsible and dont cram fish in,and dont use them needlessly in the hot weather then its ok.Anyway i dont want to be dragged into debates about it,as i said i only put this thread on for info,so why dont you start a thread about the "Keepnet Debate"

Quote Originally Posted by chefster View Post
    Well i,ve been fishing matches and pleasure for over 40 years and i,ve never experienced that,as long as people are responsible and dont cram fish in,and dont use them needlessly in the hot weather then its ok.Anyway i dont want to be dragged into debates about it,as i said i only put this thread on for info,so why dont you start a thread about the "Keepnet Debate"
    Okay just one thing why do you think so many fisheries are stocked with carp and we will leave it at that.

chefster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tiinker View Post
    Okay just one thing why do you think so many fisheries are stocked with carp and we will leave it at that.
    Thats funny because most commercials these days are mixed fisheries ,and dont allow keepnets except in matches and then insist on limits per keepnet,you want to stop thinking about little farm ponds and get with the programme......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast