Blow out at Tofts

C

chefster

Complete blow-out today on club match at Tofts carp lake,started well but a couple of hours in the wheels fell off!!!struggled in the margins with foul-hookers,9-11m line died,catching odd fish until the end......50 LB LEVEL-Only good enough for 6th, 91-0-0-1st,88-8-0-2nd,86-0-0-3rd,83-0-0-4th,59-0-0-5th,so basically i needed to double my weight to come anywhere.....14 fished...Chefster:(:(

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Never mind, Gaz - you gave it your best shot.

With Lady Luck on your side, you'll hit the three figures in the next one.

Keep the faith.

Phil. :)

markv

Reaction score
Happens to everyone, don't be too hard on yourself :eek:

My wheels are always comin' off lately !

C

chefster

Happens to everyone, don't be too hard on yourself :eek:

My wheels are always comin' off lately !

The thing is,i,m in a 4-a-side match on the 29th,13 teams(some comprising venue experts,local legends etc)-so all pegs in,and i still dont have a plan,if i draw open water and my main lines die,and i still have,nt worked out how to keep it going.....yesterday though the winner used meat at 2+2,...3rd caught shallow-late,4th caught in margin late,5th his 9-11m did,nt die so i guess i,ve got to put more lines in and keep dropping on them-Island pegs seem to keep going all day on method to island-although fish are a lot smaller than open water/margin fish,i,m just hoping i can do the open on tues,as this will be my last chance to get it sorted!!:confused::(;):)Gaz

C

chefster

So Stinky Stuff didn't leave you smelling of roses Gaz? :wh

The funny thing was ,when the bites were getting "iffy",i sprayed some on the pellet shipped out ,dropped in and whoosh-pole was nearly ripped out of my hands-i thought "bloody hell-it works"-so did the same ,shipped out and guess what-back to iffy bites!!!:mad:I,d done some liccy meat with fishmeal and pred plus,so i sprayed it with the Stinky,and dump potted my left margin,there were tails everywhere-10 foul-hooked and lost fish later,i was beginning to regret it!!!:mad:Gaz

C

chefster

Basically the answer to that is no Phil,i bought them really to use on the method or pellet feeder ,i did,nt feel the need was there yesterday to use a banded pellet,but in hindesight maybe i should have tried something else,the trouble is as you well know Phil,the time in a match flies by,especially when the wheels are coming off,you don,t really have all day to try all these things,and i stuck with the tried and tested,wrongly it seems!!!:mad:;):rolleyes:Gaz