Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    chefster Guest

Default Toft Silver-2nd again!

Fished a club match at Toft Silver lake today,i managed 2nd with 68-4-0, of F1,s and carp ,which might sound creditable,but my fishing partner Bad H took it apart with 115-0-0,of F1,s. I caught mostly on paste shallow or caster,probably losing enough fish to win,but that fishing! 62-4-0 was 3rd, 51-0-0 was 4th, 12 fished...hopefully i,ll do a bit better on saturdays open, with what i,ve learnt today,cheers Gaz

Default Re: Toft Silver-2nd again!

Did you try the rubber caster?

chefster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Did you try the rubber caster?
    To tell you the truth,according to Bad H,i fished it all wrong, when i put caster or rubber caster on the hook the float was darting about everywhere,with small roach , which i kept striking at,so getting a bit frustrated i fished the paste shallow and they were ripping the elastic out...apparantely when the small fish were grabbing the caster, i should have just left it until the elastic pulled out...Bad H said he had 101 F1,s for that weight, and he never struck at one bite!!!! but on saturday i,m going to fish caster exclusively!!!! Gaz

Red face Re: Toft Silver-2nd again!

I'd try rubber caster wrapped in paste. At least if the paste falls off you don't need to ship back. As I said yesterday, let'em hang themselves on the elastic innit.....

chefster Guest

Its definately a busy way of fishing ,and the rigs are so simple!!! to be honest i thourughly enjoyed the day and was,nt to displeased with my result,Gaz

Blog Entries

Well done, Gaz - nice result.

Hello Mate,

I have a match on toft silver soon. I have only ever fished the carp lake so dont have a clue what to expect. I understand from the threads that there are a lot of F1 and carp to be had now, and targetting them shallow may be the trick? If so what length should I be fishing? Is it worth whilegoing pellet shallow, or all caster? Is there any other lines worth a go (margins, short?)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sammy

chefster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sammy1 View Post
    Hello Mate,

I have a match on toft silver soon. I have only ever fished the carp lake so dont have a clue what to expect. I understand from the threads that there are a lot of F1 and carp to be had now, and targetting them shallow may be the trick? If so what length should I be fishing? Is it worth whilegoing pellet shallow, or all caster? Is there any other lines worth a go (margins, short?)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sammy
    Sammy 1,i,ve sent you a PM,cheers Gaz