England win Fish O Mania 2013

C

chefster

You've answered your own question mate, it's an open forum. Steph talked about fish'o, somebody else weighed in from a slightly different angle and that's how threads develop. Sorry mate, if we were to moderate every time somebody went off thread a little the place would become really sterile, some say it's like that already.

I,ve never asked for, or expected anything to be moderated!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bluenose

Reaction score
but obviously you,re going to take his side because he,s one of the old boys!.......

Is he? I can barely remember myself and Ray talking on any thread or via PM (no offence meant Ray) but that goes for 99% of the posters here.

In short chef, you're now making things up and it looks like you're questioning my integrity at the same time, it's an open forum, if fellas post within the rules, the posts stay, if they don't.. it gets pulled.

Simple.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

I,ve never asked for, or expected anything to be moderated!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I never said you did, but the only way threads such as this stay on track is if we pull the posts which take them off track!

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Why post on anything if all you want to do is agree with the OP? There are some very nice commercial fisheries, Old Bury Hill and Marsh Farm spring to mind, this wasn't one of them. We are lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, why anybody who has other options would chose to fish a place like that is beyond me.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Whilst I still agree with Ray about places such as Cudmore, the TV coverage, crowds, exhibitors, ease of getting there, all have to be taken into consideration.

Previously Fish-0-Mania was held at Hayfields, which is not too far from me, same applied, a hole in the ground full of fish.

But the same criteria as above applied there.

C

chefster

Whilst I still agree with Ray about places such as Cudmore, the TV coverage, crowds, exhibitors, ease of getting there, all have to be taken into consideration.

Previously Fish-0-Mania was held at Hayfields, which is not too far from me, same applied, a hole in the ground full of fish.

But the same criteria as above applied there.

If Ray Roberts had his way,they would hold it on a beautiful,picturesque,meandering stretch of river-With hardly any fish in it!,it would be really boring,but and least it would prove to him that they are actually good anglers...............

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
More boring than watching tame hungry carp being pulled out of a muddy hole in the ground?

I know they are good anglers, maybe it would be more entertaining if there was some variety in species, method or fish that are a bit more challenging.

Catch carp, drop it in the net, repeat twenty times, lose carp, go back to step one and repeat, hardly enthralling is it?

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I couldnt agree more with Ray on this.

As for filming in a lovely winding river with no fish...err yeah that would be an improvement in my book. A few 6oz roach would be nice.

The Golden Maggot showed how it should be done. More species and venues than you could point a stick at.