England win Fish O Mania 2013

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Congratulations to Will Raison and Alan Scothorne for winning the Fish O Mania 2013 International match.

With 1½ hours to go they looked well out of it, but, a huge push by Will raison down the edge and a contribution by Alan saw them come through as comfortable winners in the end.

C

chefster

Brilliant result( i better not say about them being big names though-otherwise certain people will come on and criticise) I know its only fishing, but its something our National team excell at- with zero recognition...Unless you are an overpaid spoilt, lazy, talentless brat,who shows no passion in representing you,re country,then forget it!!!!Well done to them:D:D

C

chefster

Personally speaking; if that was the only kind of fishing or fishery available then I'd take up golf.

Who cares????

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Some people wish to be anglers, whereas others wish to be celebrities.....

Some people are actually brilliant anglers,who people admire,whats so wrong with that? Some people actually go fishing and catch fish ,rather than criticise this ,that and the other on forums,if people arent interested in certain types of fishing,thats fine ,but why do they gatecrash threads just to make comments and expect people to respect their views.....next time certain people post threads which i think are rubbish ,i,ll jump on and keep putting my twopenny worth in,for instance stupid threads about sunglasses etc.......

Last edited:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Who cares????

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Some people are actually brilliant anglers,who people admire,whats so wrong with that? Some people actually go fishing and catch fish ,rather than criticise this ,that and the other on forums,if people arent interested in certain types of fishing,thats fine ,but why do they gatecrash threads just to make comments and expect people to respect their views.....next time certain people post threads which i think are rubbish ,i,ll jump on and keep putting my twopenny worth in,for instance stupid threads about sunglasses etc.......

Its an open forum, not a difficult concept is it?

What makes you think you have the right to pass comment only if you agree with the OP?

Did you actually watch it? I was flipping through the channels and caught the last 15 minutes. It certainly demonstrated the worst aspects of a commercial fishery, the fish showed very little natural wariness or caution and were attracted by cupping water in, which is really a kind of Pavlovian reaction not found in natural environments and the fishery was just about as unnatural as it could be. So in my opinion the anglers are very good, very good at catching tame fish in a very unnatural environment in this instance.

As for purposely going out of your way to deliberately spoil threads that you have no interest in, well isn't it past your bedtime mate?

C

chefster

Yes for you,re information i can grasp the fact that its an open forum...i was mearly pointing out that if i see threads that i dont feel i can positively participate in,then i would,nt actually bother just jumping in and posting negative comments just for the sake of it,to be a Troll...Basically i stick to what i actually know about, instead of trying to be holier than though,because i feel that my branch of angling is superior ,such as you seem to,personally i come on this forum to share fishing experiences,find out info and help others if i can,not just to go trolling,so yes it was a childish thing to say,but i,ll go to bed when i,m ready..............Gaz

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Yes for you,re information i can grasp the fact that its an open forum...i was mearly pointing out that if i see threads that i dont feel i can positively participate in,then i would,nt actually bother just jumping in and posting negative comments just for the sake of it,to be a Troll...Basically i stick to what i actually know about, instead of trying to be holier than though,because i feel that my branch of angling is superior ,such as you seem to,personally i come on this forum to share fishing experiences,find out info and help others if i can,not just to go trolling,so yes it was a childish thing to say,but i,ll go to bed when i,m ready..............Gaz

Night, night.

I have fished matches in the past and some on fisheries with artificially high stocking levels similar to this and I stopped doing it, I find it a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. There is no doubt in my mind that the anglers are skillful at what they do, I do wonder whether it shows angling in a good light though.

auto

Reaction score
Just popped back on this forum after a long absence. Having read Ray Roberts pompus contribution, I remember why I haven't been on. WAP.

C

chefster

Just popped back on this forum after a long absence. Having read Ray Roberts pompus contribution, I remember why I haven't been on. WAP.

How dare you say that about him, dont you know he,s better than us!:D:D

C

chefster

If that's the best you can do, then I most probably am.

Its not the best but its all i can be bothered with,its not even worth posting anything on the match section now,its not even safe from Trolls,with no interest in a thread other than to spoil it,no wonder people leave this forum..when they cant even enjoy a thread without pompus ,arrogant comments popping up....Nighty -night!!:eek::eek::eek:

Bluenose

Reaction score
To be fair chef, Ray's golf comment would probably be echoed by many here (don't start a thread about stillwater barbel in commercials if what has been said here has bothered you).

His opinion on the way angling is viewed or could be perceived on fish'o is, again, a personal view from watching on telly and his comment on matches is based on his own experiences and again, just an opinion.

So....Ray has only expressed opinions on various aspects surrounding commercials and match fishing and not 'trolled' at all. It's an open forum mate, sometimes fellas are not going to agree with what you post and occasionally, threads like this will go off at a tangent.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Its not the best but its all i can be bothered with,its not even worth posting anything on the match section now,its not even safe from Trolls,with no interest in a thread other than to spoil it,no wonder people leave this forum..when they cant even enjoy a thread without pompus ,arrogant comments popping up....Nighty -night!!:eek::eek::eek:

By spoiling it you seem to be implying that no one can have an opinion that differs from your own, not without being called a troll at any rate

Is it a place you would choose to fish? I know I wouldn't it looked pretty ghastly to me.

As I type this I am sitting by the side of a lake at Linton in Kent, it's an irrigation reservoir so is also man made but its as far removed from the S/hole on Fish a mania as it is possible to be.

C

chefster

To be fair chef, Ray's golf comment would probably be echoed by many here (don't start a thread about stillwater barbel in commercials if what has been said here has bothered you).

His opinion on the way angling is viewed or could be perceived on fish'o is, again, a personal view from watching on telly and his comment on matches is based on his own experiences and again, just an opinion.

So....Ray has only expressed opinions on various aspects surrounding commercials and match fishing and not 'trolled' at all. It's an open forum mate, sometimes fellas are not going to agree with what you post and occasionally, threads like this will go off at a tangent.

My point is -if a topic does!nt interest you and you really have no positive input-then why bother to get involved,i know its an open forum ,but if i cant see that i can make a contriution that is beneficial to the thread ,then i just pass it by-and by the way i did,nt start this thread ,but i was actually enjoying taking part in it,i know people dont like the concept of Fishomania and/or some commercial fisheries,but that is material for a different thread, So why did,nt he start another thread ,then those that wished could have aired their views on there?.......................Basically the thread was started as a little bit of a celebration for our national side actually achieving something,which is a positive thing in any sport,but then it got totally ruined by comments -from someones comments-personally i could,nt care less about Ray Roberts views it does,nt matter to me what he thinks,i just think it was,nt the right time for him to make his comments..............................but obviously you,re going to take his side because he,s one of the old boys!.......

Last edited:

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views, let's just try to keep it friendly and not let it become personal.

I've fished at Cudmore, and although it might not be my first preferred choice, i'd much rather sit there catching fish than freezing my knackers off else where and catching nothing.

A lot of Young anglers and disabled anglers get a lot of joy from Commercial Fisheries, more than they can get from some other more natural venues, which is a shame. I Know women like commercials for the facilities provided.

I would much rather fish a nice mature estate lake or catch Chub from a nice stretch of river, but, most of all i would just like to be out fishing (not been for nearly 3 years now) so anything would be nice right now.

Bluenose

Reaction score
My point is -if a topic does!nt interest you and you really have no positive input-then why bother to get involved,i know its an open forum ,but if i cant see that i can make a contriution that is beneficial to the thread ,then i just pass it by-and by the way i did,nt start this thread ,but i was actually enjoying taking part in it,i know people dont like the concept of Fishomania and/or some commercial fisheries,but that is material for a different thread, So why did,nt he start another thread ,then those that wished could have aired their views on there?

You've answered your own question mate, it's an open forum. Steph talked about fish'o, somebody else weighed in from a slightly different angle and that's how threads develop. Sorry mate, if we were to moderate every time somebody went off thread a little the place would become really sterile, some say it's like that already.