Taught a lesson at Tofts!!

C

chefster

Fished a club match today at Tofts Carp lake....finished 3rd with 97-8-0...which does,nt sound to bad!..but i was taught one hell of a lesson off of Keith Haynes(aka Shallowman)- 202-0-0, AND Brian Hodgetts(aka Bad H)- 184-8-0....hows that for 2 cracking nets of fish...all fish came slapping pellet...some just did it better than others!!!....weights went down with lowest recorded being 30-12-0......12 Of us fished in the blistering heat for 5 hrs....not fishing now until next Thurs-club match at Spring Pools,Rugby...cheers Gaz:D

rains

Reaction score
Fished a club match today at Tofts Carp lake....finished 3rd with 97-8-0...which does,nt sound to bad!..but i was taught one hell of a lesson off of Keith Haynes(aka Shallowman)- 202-0-0, AND Brian Hodgetts(aka Bad H)- 184-8-0....hows that for 2 cracking nets of fish...all fish came slapping pellet...some just did it better than others!!!....weights went down with lowest recorded being 30-12-0......12 Of us fished in the blistering heat for 5 hrs....not fishing now until next Thurs-club match at Spring Pools,Rugby...cheers Gaz:D
Just a few quick questions never done match fishing is it the person with the over all highest weight win whether it be a few big carp perch ect or load of little perch is it just totally weight and if so i take it that its lbs oz then gram :)

C

chefster

Just a few quick questions never done match fishing is it the person with the over all highest weight win whether it be a few big carp perch ect or load of little perch is it just totally weight and if so i take it that its lbs oz then gram :)

Its pounds,ounces and drams- (not grams), and yes its the overall heaviest weight, it does,nt matter what its made up of,big or small fish....Chef

rains

Reaction score
Thanks Chef 97lb of fish is great never mind 202lb lol sound like a good days fishing :)

B

binka

Its pounds,ounces and drams- (not grams), and yes its the overall heaviest weight, it does,nt matter what its made up of,big or small fish....Chef

Gaz... that's the way I remember it from being a miserably failed matchman many years ago :)

On a completely separate note would I be right in thinking that continental rules were (are?) slightly different in that points are also awarded per fish regardless of its size in addition to points for overall weight... I think it was an attempt to make things fairer and avoid the late lucky bonus fish (or even hard worked for bonus fish maybe?) from sweeping the board?

I wonder if it would work over here and how it would be governed, on a self declared "honesty box" basis maybe... ?

No good for people like me though who's three gonks would be declared as a hundred and twenty three stamp roach with a couple of quid thrown in for the scalesman (who insists on working alone) :D

???