Tunnel Barn Farm-Pleasure session-today

C

chefster

Hi there,fished TBF today as title says,after talking to Pete Rice(TBF Supremo),he suggested we fish Club pool,anywhere between 13-21,so Bad H settled on 14,and i settled on 16.To start with the weather was quite good,gradually getting wetter by 12 ish...we fished from 9-2....I started off fishing 2+1,fishing a homemade pencil float,0.12 m/l,0.10 h/l,16 B911, to the right on pellet,feeding slop and fishing with 4mm expander,bites were instant ,from F1,and mirrors.same for Brian.All the time we were throwing casters down the track,after about an hour or so ,the fish started swirling ,so we went shallow,again this was instant,which surprised me really considering the drop in temperature,float was a Preston Pink,16 b911 hook,10 inches deep ,single maggot on the hook..After a couple of hours of this i came back in on the 2+1 and finished with a flurry of Mirrors and odd F1,s...We had the club scales with us ,so had to see the outcome..The end result was me with 125lb and the Bad boy with 133lb,so he done me yet again,but at least i could smell victory ,if only briefly ,and he did fish for another half hour after i packed up!!!!....Anyway were off to Spring Pools @ Rugby tomorrow for an open,and somehow i think its going to be hard going!!!,Cheers then Chef

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Just another 'overstocked one a chuck commie' then Gaz.
You won't get many replies on this forum. Judging from similar threads over the last few years the majority of members shun these puddles as 'easy' and refuse to fish them.
I would love to see the day when those members agree to come to such a venue and show us how it's done.

C

chefster

Theres a few of us that appreciate them,mind you i dont need many fingers to count them on!!!:D:D:D:DNo skill required just add bait and go!!:eek::eek::eek:

pidgergj

Reaction score
nice one mate, i had an absolute disaster. i fished steeple langford lake in wiltshire. turned up at 11am all set for a nice 30 hour session, the lake was packed with carpers so i thought id start on the method feeder with micro pellets and a small boilie, and save my new pole for later, if the bites didnt come. well, the bites didnt come but the rain did. it ****** down all day. deciding to give the pole a try for the first time ever, it happened.......i trod on my top kit and broke it, along with my morale. it couldnt get much worse, i was soaked, my pole was broke, i hadnt had a single bite and it was now dark, so i find myself setting up a waggler by torchlight, and use them starlight things. i then find that the starlight doesnt fit insert wagglers, at this point i can see matt hayes face on the tv telling everyone to use a float adaptor. lesson learnt. no bites, so at 2200 i decide to bin it, get a brew on and get my head down for the night. i got up at 0600 made a brew and set up my waggler rod again, trying for the huge tench that apparently reside here. nothing happened. gave it a couple of hours and went to a groundbait feeder with some strawberry sweetcorn on the hook, which the roach took a liking to, only problem was i couldnt hit the bites because i had a 2oz tip on. with about an hours fishing left i really scraped the barrel and pulled out my 7 year old sons 4m whip. used the strawberry corn and caught 6 or 7 really nice roach, up to about 10oz. all in all a disaster, but at least i avoided the dreaded blank!!!

C

chefster

Just another 'overstocked one a chuck commie' then Gaz.
You won't get many replies on this forum. Judging from similar threads over the last few years the majority of members shun these puddles as 'easy' and refuse to fish them.
I would love to see the day when those members agree to come to such a venue and show us how it's done.

No you wont get any replies cos most of them are more concerned about what rods and reel etc they use,for this and that and dont really seem to actually do any fishing as they always seem to be on here,going on about catching roach,perch,gudgeon etc from natural venues being more skillfull,Carp and F1 are much harder to catch than roach ,perch ,gudgeon etc,.....Gaz

tonybull

Reaction score
Gaz

Most of them, who ever they are would get out fished by Match Anglers no matter what the venue.

The Drennan Cup is staged on a variety of venues, not just Commercials.

Some of the best Canal & River Anglers in the country come from the Match scene.